Update on Prayer Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
A short while ago I posted for prayer request for my granddaughter. A quick synopsis of events: On the Tuesday before Thanksgiving she went to Duke for and Electo Cardio Gram. The appointment was at 1:30, by 4:00 they had her in Pediatric Cardiac ICU. It was suspected that she needed a new heart. On Weds following Thanksgiving she had a heart cath and it was firm that she needed a heart transplant.

Yesterday morning (Tuesday) (two weeks to the day from admission) at 5:00AM we were notified that a heart might be available. She went to the OR at 10:00PM last night and the surgery started at 11:00. At 4:00 this morning they shut off the by-pass machine as the NEW HEART was beating and functioning on it's own. She was back in ICU by 7:00AM this morning.

With prayer, miracles do happen. She/we still need your prayers as she still has a long long row to hoe. A few weeks in ICU and a step-down unit and then many weeks of follow-up visits and then literally months of slow but progressively improving recovery.

Thanks to your prayers and support we now have a granddaughter that will grow into a lovely woman.

Thanks
George

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
That's great news, George. When I was your grand daughter's age, an operation like this was only dreamed about. I hope she makes a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Ernie

jhreed

New User
james
Medical science has come a long way. God's miracles have always been with us. We should use the new technology where it exists, but should never forget the age old tried and true miracle of prayer. May God continue to bless you and your family.
James

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Like James said it is truly amazing what can be done these days. Glad to hear she is on the mend. We will continue to off prayers for your family and the family of the person who donated the heart. We should not forget about their lose either.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Truly great news, and God's blessings and peace for the family of the donor in their time of loss.

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS