UPDATE on GPS directions to picnic site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I wrote the original directions to the picnic a couple of weeks ago. Before doing so, I called the Chapel Hill Parks & Recreaton Dept. and asked for the physical address. I was given the address of 1300 Hwy 15-501 which is what I put in the directions. There has been some discussion over the past couple of days as to if that was correct. One post mentioned that google maps or mapquest put 1300 near University Mall. University Mall is located on 15-501 but it is named Fordham Blvd along that stretch. I just called the rec dept. again and was given the address of 1300 US 15-501 South. I had tried to put Hwy 15-501 in my GPS and it would not accept it. When I used "US 15 501S " it accepted it. The directions for 1300 led right to the park. My GPS is about 3 years old and the park is about 5 years old, so it is in my GPS map.

Hope this helps. If not, the written directions seem to be clear and should direct you right to the site.

bitbight

New User
Ray
For those of us who do not have a the capabilities to plug in an address on our GPS try this Lat/Long coordinate in decimal degrees.

N 35.87887

W 79.06389

It should get you very close.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors