Unusual Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
As most of you know, I am still active in the military. I have a military friend who grabbed me today and asked if I had any family or good friends in the Raleigh area that could board his wife for a month or two. His 14yo daughter is getting transferred to a special treatment center for a medical condition and part of the treatment requires weekend family participation. Rather than drive the 7 or so hours every weekend and get a hotel, they were looking to rent a room or something from a trustworthy person. I told him I would reach out to see if anyone would be interested on here. From what he told me, it would be starting next week sometime until conclusion which will be a minimum of one month not to exceed two. She would also be working on her Masters degree during the week and visiting some during that period. Please don't feel obligated to assist. I would offer some of my family, but they would be too far of a drive. They are also seeking to utilize the Ronald McDonald House, but it is as space is available and they haven't heard back from what I gather. I would imagine that would be the end goal if possible based off of our conversation. Please contact me if you're interested and I will be screening contacts for him. I know its a long shot, but I told him I would try. Also, alternative suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

gritz

New User
Robert
Check to see if there is a Ronald McDonald house in Raleigh? Free stay, free food...(food is not from McDonald's)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have an empty house in Cary - PM sent.

Catch is most of the furniture is gone.

House is under contract to developers, but won't close for another year or so.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Thanks for the responses. I will let you know Monday or Tuesday. Ronald McDonald House is supposed to give an answer by then. Options are greatly appreciated!

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
If Ken's house works out I think there would be members that would help out with some furniture and other necessities. I'm willing to help out, helping military families and sick kids, it's hard to say anything but how can I help!:icon_thum

Keep us posted please.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Ok well luck would have it, one of her old college friends whom she hasn't talked to in years lives in Raleigh and has a spare bedroom in her apartment and just reached out to her. I appreciate all of you reaching out to help, it warms the heart. They were really panicked on how they were going to pull this off. You guys and gals are the absolute best. If things fall through, I will let you know. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS