Untreated 4x4x10’ lumber?

gtrboy77

Dean
User
I was looking for these for a project and none of the box stores have them in stock. And none of them anywhere around seem to have them either. They have untreated 4x4x8’ lumber all days long, but no ten footers. They carry treated 10’ lumber but its all wet and weighs 4x as much (at least it feels like it) and they’ll warp after they dry out. Thought about laminating some 2x4x10’ with some 1/2 plywood in between, but couldn’t find any near straight enough. Am I crazy or do places just not carry untreated 4x4x10’ lumber anymore?

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
4x4 DF or YP #2/ 10ft is common. Might be just where you are at.

Treated lumber is heavier because of the treatment and when they sell it , it still is wet +20% . Most Framing lumber even wet is usually14ish%. Dries out pretty quick but, yeah, it is heavier

jim shue

New User
james e
4x4 DF or YP #2/ 10ft is common. Might be just where you are at.

Treated lumber is heavier because of the treatment and when they sell it , it still is wet +20% . Most Framing lumber even wet is usually14ish%. Dries out pretty quick but, yeah, it is heavier
Give Capitol City lumber a call.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
A long shot, but if you have lumber treating company closer to you, you may be able to grab what you need before it is processed(treated).

As an example, here in the Triangle (Tarheel Wood Treating) where I have heard, you can purchase stock before treatment.

Another option is contacting a local sawyer

Last edited:

BeachBoy1942

BeachBoy
User
you might check with:
Dave's Custom Woodworks
Warrenton Ga 5 miles from Exit 165, one turn into my drive.
706 914 0112

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS