Underhill & Schwarz

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
Yep, saw this in the inbox this morning. Interesting read:icon_thum. Wish I could have made the outing, sounds like it was a blast.

Dean Maiorano

New User
Dino
Thanks for sharing that.

Mr. Underhill is right, he is the future. The future for traditions being lost, a future where we learn again how to do with our hands what sometimes is faster than with machines and a future where we sustain, as well as enrich, ourselves with good old fashioned American ingenuity. The old ways have their place in our time and times to come; ways and means that are more eco-friendly, meditative and literally aerobic. That's right, his shows should be repackaged as a new work out series, anyone that's watched the frenzied intensity with which he presents his craft knows exactly what I mean.

Roy is more than just an educator, entertainer and woodworker, he's a force of nature. Which is an extension of another of the shows 'modern' aspects; there is the return to primitivism, an aspect that resonates with so many other trades and trends in our recent cultural history. Through the Woodwright series we learn ways to do wood right; not the least of which are the means to intimately wrestle and finesse nature but also the chance to revere her as we manually caress, marvel and dote over our mutual contributions to any product that results.

Wherever Mr. Underhill is going, I know I want to follow him there.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS