Turning time at Fred's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Took it up a notch and with Fred's guidance and supervision, tried a couple of these weed pots Tracy is so fond of :gar-La;

Fred roughed the shape of this one but I finished it

weed_pot.jpg

this one was primarily my design and execution with some kewl ideas, advice and tweaking from Fred

weed_pot_2.jpg

Actually I think Fred was just happy to have an excuse not to continue cleaning his shop :gar-La; He actually sat down and had a cold drink while I worked :swoon: I think it is the first time I have ever seen Fred relax in his shop ! :slap:

A lot of fun ! Thanx Fred for the guidance and help :icon_thum

I'm thoroughly hooked now :icon_cheers

oh yeah , Tracy .........you get the first one and some others I will try ( good practice ) but The Shoppe Widow has laid fierce claim to the second one :kermit:

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Took it up a notch and with Fred's guidance and supervision, tried a couple of these weed pots Tracy is so fond of :gar-La;

Fred roughed the shape of this one but I finished it

weed_pot.jpg

this one was primarily my design and execution with some kewl ideas, advice and tweaking from Fred

weed_pot_2.jpg

Actually I think Fred was just happy to have an excuse not to continue cleaning his shop :gar-La; He actually sat down and had a cold drink while I worked :swoon: I think it is the first time I have ever seen Fred relax in his shop ! :slap:

A lot of fun ! Thanx Fred for the guidance and help :icon_thum

I'm thoroughly hooked now :icon_cheers

oh yeah , Tracy .........you get the first one and some others I will try ( good practice ) but The Shoppe Widow has laid fierce claim to the second one :kermit:

Thanx for lookin' :mrgreen:

The nursing home folks will be so happy Sawduster and Fred. Thank both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Looking good there Bud! Gonna finish em with some BLO?

Hey Fred, how you like that new grind on the gouge?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Looking good there Bud! Gonna finish em with some BLO?

Hey Fred, how you like that new grind on the gouge?

I had to back the grind down a bit.:gar-Cr I'm not able to control it that steep yet. I went about half way what it was and what we did to it and it seems to be much better than the factory grind I had to begin with.:icon_thum I got several boxes I need to get pics on. coming soon. duster is gettin right comfortable with the spinny thing!:eusa_clap another one bit the dust!:rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks great there, Robert!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
You're the man Robert. Looking good. Combine Fred's expertise with your creativity and who knows what you'll end up doing.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Hey Duster I still got that dashboard mount in my truck not a split nowhere. As for this spinny thing :roll:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice Robert! I'm still wondering, for something about 3 inches (+/-) in diameter, what do you use to hollow it out? :icon_scra A bowl gouge seems a bit much for that.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Very nice, Robert!:icon_thum

Is there ANYTHING you can't do well????:dontknow:

I still can't build for squat :BangHead: and that is just the brginning of a long , long list
Remember that I had Fred looking over my shoulder and helping me [strike]fix the boo-boo's [/strike] incorporate the design changes

We turned these between centers out of one piece of wood, then parted them, trued them up, tweaked , sanded and finished

Trent, we used a forstner bit ( I forget which size ) and just drilled out the ends

That FredP is one sharp cookie :icon_thum

Thanx for the encouragement everyone ....it really means a lot :icon_cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS