TS sled stop rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
This was Canucks idea that we cobbled up yesterday. I found a parallel clamp at HD (electrical) and 3/8" rod and thumbscrew at Tractor Supply.

You'll most likely have to find this yourself.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Forgot to remove the wooden prototype for the pic. Wood dowels are too flimsy for the stop rod. 3/8" steel rod doesn't flex and tightens up well.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Joe,

As it turned out (old Canadian Irish luck:BangHead:!), the parallel clamps didn't work out for my situation....The hole in the fence was too far away from the fence front.:eusa_doh:

I reverted back to plan "A", the UMHW block that we drilled. This ended up working out nicely!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I sure wished that the metal parallel clamp would have worked though! I even bought the next size up (wider and beefier) and they were still too narrow for my fence! (After 3 of the HD folks spent 20 minutes finding them.)

All in all, I really like it! It will work just fine. LOML said if it saves you $$$'s in buying a commercial sled with a stop block system, you have saved us all $$$$'s.:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

Truer words never spoken!:wsmile:

Thanks for your help!

Wayne

striker

New User
Stephen
This is what I have been using. 1/4 - 20 screw makes it about a 1/16th per turn.
100_0252.JPG

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like it a lot. Very handy for cutting larger panels, simple and elegant solution. I'm wondering if this could be adapted to using a recessed drawer slide. That would move real easy back and forth. But I'm not sure how well thumb screws would work on that.

Anyway, great idea for my next crosscut sled! Let's see, I need replaceable ZCIs, clear plastic shield, fence guard, groove for sawdust, T-track for stop blocks, and now an extensible stop block....

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Striker, that looks good. You must have metalworking skills; I don't!
Did you make your spreader block, or is it available somewhere?

striker

New User
Stephen
Joe,

I'm not aware of the blocks being commercially available. I found a few " scraps" at work and a few holes later....

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors