Trying to find Jointer blades-8" Sun Hill CT-204L

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyps

New User
Tony
Afternoon,

I am asking to see if anyone here uses this jointer or knows where I might find a set of replacement blades and the tool to install them? I do not think the original ones can be resharpened or even if I should try to get them re-sharpened.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Tony ...

Last edited:

DanR

New User
Dan
I would email Brian Holbren at sales@holbren.com

On this page there is a link to a PDF with the blade sizes for different machines. For Sunhill it does not list a specific model number, but he does have the specs for an 8" Sunhill. He does not show that particular size in stock, but I just contacted him a couple of weeks ago for an odd size and he had it for me quickly.

Jointer & Planer Knife Sets - Holbren

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Either Holbern, or Global Tooling. Global $21.96 plus shipping. Holbern offers a "woodnet discount."

eyekode

New User
Salem
I have used Global Tooling before from Bruce's recommendation. Good price if you are buying more then one set. And the knives look good too.

If you are only buying one set of 8" knives consider buying Freud from Amazon because you can get free shipping. I have also tried CMT brand from Amazon and they were NOT good. They arrived needing to be sharpened! But of course amazon took them back no questions asked.

By the way Tony why don't you think the knives should be resharpened? I have have heard of people using a simple jig + sandpaper + glass to sharpen theirs. I have a Makita wet sharpener and have sharpened mine many times. They end up sharper then factory new.
Salem

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
If this is a typical traditional style 8" straight-knife jointer, then most such jointers use fairly standard knives. Usually an 8" jointer will use an 8" to 8-1/8" long knife (length is usually not critical) that is 1/8" thick and usually either 3/4" or 1" deep (when new). All you need to do is measure your existing knives and match them as closely as possible (with thickness being the most critical parameter).

If your jointer uses such a knife, then they can be easily sent out for professional sharpening many times. There are also some jigs (both commercial and DIY) for sharpening such wide blades, but sharpening wide blades is not my forte, so I prefer to send mine out for sharpening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS