Truly new and improved

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Now that you are all comfortable with the new forum software, the Board of Directors is pleased to announce yet another enhancement. Many of us have longed for a site that is more welcoming and descriptive of what we do, especially to new guest viewers - a bit more splash as they say.

A wish list was generated and our new Development Director Scott (Grimmy2016) knew exactly how to create what we wanted.

Please go to www.ncwoodworker.com and give it a try. From the .com site you can go to the familiar .net forum site by clicking on the Forum button at the top of the page.

- Learn is where we will have our how to articles. There are three so far, please contact us to share yours
- Events is a calendar of ALL woodworking events - please contact us to add
- Community describes all of our Outreach programs
- Forum is the pathway to the .net forum platform
- Creators includes the Member Spotlight section that gives insight to our best of the best members - this will rotate

And there is more to come

Questions, comments and suggestions are all welcome

Great Job team

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I get an invalid site security certificate.

ncwoodworker.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: shortener.secureserver.net, www.shortener.secureserver.net Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Well darn - It seems toward fine here. Quite sure the experts will sort that out quickly

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got in without an issue. I am using Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

nn4jw

New User
Jim
It may be tighter security in the latest release of Firefox, which came out just this morning. It used to just warn and give you the option to proceed. I haven't fugured out yet how to make the new version ignore the warning/error.

Edit - it's not just the latest Firefox release. I guess it's been a little while since I ran into one of these situations and Firefox must have started acting like this in an earlier release. My tablet gets the error and it's downlevel a little (but not a lot) from my pc.

Last edited:

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
I got on with no problem using Chrome. The site looks very nice. Well organized. Thanks to everyone that has been involved in it's creation.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Fantastic job. Great content, and very nicely presented. A significant milestone for North Carolina Woodworker!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS