Trouble Uploading Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Having trouble uploading a picture. I do the Selection Upload OK but when I click on Upload/Submit I get the 'Processing Image' message and then I get a 'Internal Server Error' message.I have tried about 5 times with the same result. Could easily be operator error.

George

Truefire

New User
Chris
George, create you an account from a third party photo library for free such as photobucket.com which i highly recommend.

You can create various folders there and upload your various woodworking pictures there accordingly. You will be given the opportunity to set your pictures there to either private or public. This doesn't affect the viewing capabilities when placed on ncwoodworker but prevents or allows persons for viewing those photos there on photobucket.

Once you have those photos uploaded into their appropriate folders, like you desire them to be, open another browser and log on to your ncwoodworker account.

• once you have both tabs opened in you browser
  • start a new thread here on nc woodworker
  • flunctuate between the tabs in the browser
  • find your photo in photobucket that you want to post up here
  • click on the IMG code for that photo
  • copy it and paste that code into the white text box for your new thread

Please note you do not need to use any of the tool buttons located above 'this white text box' when composing and pasting these new image codes onto the text box

That will most often just create problems. I would suggest never moving the pictures around in photobucket once you have them loaded there for if you do it will surely break the links in your threads here on nc woodworker.

Thus the reasoning behind my suggestion earlier to make several different folders for your projects and such there on photobucket.com. Once you upload them into a select folder and have placed copies of them on the forum here, leave them alone.

I have posted pictures in this manner for years and have never experienced any difficulties in uploads, broken links, etc; As a matter of fact, i have pictures that have been inserted about 4-5 years ago and they are still active in the forums, as i have never had any mishaps or trouble with photobucket.com

Hope this helps, Chris

PLease do contact me if you should need some help further...

Chris
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
We've seen this happen from time to time.

My best/only advice is to make sure your flash plugin is up to date.

The other usual tips such as clearing your cache, rebooting and the like don't seem to help.

You can also bypass the flash uploader using the old non-flash method:

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/uploadphoto.php?cat=500&noflash=1

As this error has shown up over the years, it seems to go away on its own. Wish I had a better answer :)

Jim

Having trouble uploading a picture. I do the Selection Upload OK but when I click on Upload/Submit I get the 'Processing Image' message and then I get a 'Internal Server Error' message.I have tried about 5 times with the same result. Could easily be operator error.

George
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1

gator

George
Corporate Member
Jim -

I tried the new link you gave (looks like the same link I used in times past) and got the same result. According to one screen, I have two items in queue and when I pass my cursor over the '2' I get the indication I can click on it, but when I click nothing happens. I am at a complete loss. Oh, I did reboot a couple of times. I guess I'll just keep trying and maybe something will happen sometime in the future.

EDIT: I just got out of firefox and tried it on IE8. Same results.

George

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Might have figured it out. One of the images you uploaded is 50 Meg!

I've deleted the 2 in your "queue".

I suspect you are well over the 2 meg max for pic size (and might even be chocking our software!).

I'd suggest trying a small pic first to test.

Thanks,
Jim

gator

George
Corporate Member
Jim -

As I said in my first post - "OPERATOR ERROR". You were right, too large.

Thanks
George

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Cool!

I'd not blame the operator. Software that has a coded size limits that doesn't let you know is programmer error :)

That said, I am not the programmer!

Jim

Jim -

As I said in my first post - "OPERATOR ERROR". You were right, too large.

Thanks
George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS