Triad Shop Crawl - Call for shop host

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
It's been awhile since the last Shop Crawl (April, 2010), and I'm ready to go 'crawlin'; how about you? But first we need to line up some shops to visit in the Triad area. My shop, in the north east corner of Randolph county, will be included, so any shops in Guilford, Alamance, Randolph, or Western Chatham counties would be ideal to include.

Have you thought about having your shop included in a Shop Crawl, but didn't know how to go about it? Well here it is, the Triad Shop Crawl Host Form. It's quick and easy: Just tell us a little about your shop and enter it. We'll do the rest.

It doesn't have to be the ultimate dream shop, worthy of a Fine Woodworking article. Every shop has something to offer: big, small, organized, cluttered, garages, basements, free standing, it doesn't matter. Heck, you don't even have to clean it if you don't want to. :nah:

Once we have a list of shops to be included, we'll work out the details: date (probably late summer or early fall), route, lunch, etc., etc. If you'd like to ask any questions before deciding whether to include your shop, just ask them here. When the details are worked out, I'll announce the Shop Crawl for others to start signing up.

We look forward to seeing your shop. :eusa_danc

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
BUMP! So far, my shop is the only one signed up. Hmmmmm! Does that mean there is no interest in a Triad Shop Crawl? :nah:

If you have a question, feel free to post it here.

Bill

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Hi Bill. I'm a new member. We met at the Moose Cafe a few weeks ago. I would love to see some of the shops in our area. If anyone is interested in a 400 sq ft basement shop, I'm willing to"pay my dues. " If we have time, we could even shoot a little pool.
Timing could be an issue though. I'll be out of town around the end of August and early September. I'm located in northwest Greensboro.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks Tim. Every shop has something worth seeing. If you don't mind, go ahead and add your shop to our list by going here. The date looks like it will probably be mid-Sept. or Oct.

Bill

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Bill, I used your link for the shop crawl form. I'm not sure I was successful in completing it though. Can you let me know if I need to try again?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
:icon_cheers You were successful, Tim, and thank you for adding your shop. We're getting there. Who's gonna be next?

Bill

b4man

New User
Barbara
Well, since Tim has jumped in I'll jump too! This of course would be 'cause we live on the same side of town!
Shameless:eek:
By the way Tim, welcome to the board and I look forward to meeting you:wsmile:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill is the lead here so it is his call but often times we have included stops at various suppliers.

Actually, I'm really glad Cheryl jumped in. I was hoping she would, but didn't want to ask. :gar-Bi In fact, Cheryl, would you mind going to this link and adding it to the list of shops? That will give us 5 shops so far, scattered from Gibsonville, to Liberty, to Greensboro, to Thomasville. Now I've got to work out the logistics. It would be great to have a few more shops to throw into the mix. It might make it easier to plan a route. It would also be a good start toward a second Crawl in the Triad.

HEY, anybody else out there feel like adding your shop to the list? With enough shops to choose from, I'll go ahead and start working on a second Shop Crawl. :icon_cheers But we need shops! :icon_thum

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
We're making progress on lining up shops, but we could use a couple more in the eastern Guilford, western Alamance county areas (roughly from Greensboro to Burlington). The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville will be one of the shops, so others in that general area would make it easier to plan a route.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks to Steve W and Bryan S for adding their shops.

Things are coming together pretty well. Right now we've got 7 shops to choose from. Looking at a map, 4 of the shops are in the eastern Triad area, w/ 2 more on the west side of Greensboro, and one in Thomasville.

It would be really great if we could get one more shop in the eastern Guilford, Alamance county area. That would cut down on travel time between shops, and allow more time to actually visit at each shop. :eusa_danc

So how about it, ANYONE ELSE?

Bill

richlife

New User
Rich
Hey Bill (et al :cool:). I'm glad this crawl is working out. I'd like to drive over that way and join in as a participant. So that means what Bill said last -- it would be great to have one more stopover so the long drive from the east side won't become tedious.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors