Tree Removal Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudelive

New User
Dude
I have did a search for Tree removal and was very helpful although 2009 was the latest post I am looking for other names as well in the Durham area.

I am looking for to have some trees removed here near the home and shop....I know, I know, call a professional...that is what I am looking before I locate one from the yellow pages.

Do any of you have a suggestion as to who to contact?

There are 3 pines, large in diameter but not all that tall although tall enough to fall on the home or my shop. One other one fell just today that had been hit by lightning, although it was still green, when the wind took it down over half through was decayed and you could not tell it. So the others really need to go before they decide to on their own.

Thanks
Dudelive

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
880-4056.
ask for jim. he does all my tree work. take down cut clear and hauls it away. he may arrange for stump removal. I usually just burn them out.

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
I have used Patrick Brown (Arbor Barber Tree Service in Raleigh) many times during the last 10 years or so. I reckon he has removed close to 20 large pines during that time. Always does a top notch job for a good price and cleanup is great. Their number is 510-9544.

-G

Dudelive

New User
Dude
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will need check and see about prices and when can be done.

Are there others?

Thanks
Dude

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Cormak Nagin does some great work (Dave, he's the guy that did Cathi's place up in Wake Forrest last year - where you turned me on to the white oak log.

I don't recall the name of Cormack's business, but his number is 919-862-3472.

Elvie Jackson of Jackson Tree service is another, very highly respected expert. Elvie routinely does tricky removals with large cranes, etc. His number is 919-832-5212

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
I highly recommend Tim Snell. http://www.snelltreeexperts.com/ (SnellTreeExperts@AOL.com). He's a certified arborist and will also advise on other tree issues, once you've signed a contract for any removals. He took out several trees in some difficult places (between houses), including stump grinding. Extremely conscientious, professional, and a great work ethic. Arrived when he said he would, did the job as contracted, and didn't leave until the mess was cleaned up. One of only a few tradesmen I've contracted, whom I'd recommend without giving it a second thought.

crokett

New User
David
Yukon Tree Experts. 336 578 4412, ask for Bill. He is quite a character. If the job is big enough he will bring his homemade tractor. He transports it on the old bus he bought and chopped into a truck. He has done some excellent work for me a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS