Townsend Bureau WIP

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
I have not been able to do much on the bureau. I am helping my son with his auto glass company work. We usually replace two windshields in the morning and by noon I am back home. The problem with that is it's 90 plus degrees in the garage workshop but little by little I am getting there. Drawers have swelled with all the humidity so I am going to have to refit them.

IMG_0132.JPG

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
That's looking very sharp! Good luck w/ the heat and humidity, it kicked my tail this past weekend!

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
That is beautiful. Great work. A small dehumidifier can solve your humidity swings in your garage. I have one in my basement and the humidity stays at 50%. Good luck!

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Fabulous. David, I have a spare dehumidifier if you would like to borrow for this summer

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks very nice. Agree w/Phil about the dehumidifier. I often run mine in my basement shop and am amazed how much moisture it takes out of the air.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Totally mind blowing gorgeous David! It looks like mahogany from the pics:D, what will you use for the finish? I am with you on the heat and humidity, I haven't accomplished half of what I normally could, and that's with a too small 8000 BTU window a/c, 3 fans, and the overhead air cleaner all running in my 24' x 24' poorly insulated shop. Cooler weather will be here soon though, I hope.;)

David Turner

David
Corporate Member
Thanks guys for the comments.
Bruce: I will try some stain to try and even out the different colors of mahogany and then final finish will be the same as I have used for decades which is Mohawk lacquer.
Phil: Thanks for the offer but I don't think the dehumidifier would work given how I have to work. I must leave the overhead door up and run a 8400 cfm x 30" diameter fan to be able to stand the heat built up in the garage. Of course that means I have to wear hearing protection all the time as the fan sounds similar to a jet airplane.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS