Tool Wall

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I'm starting to take advantage of the empty wall space in the shop. I turned my workbench around so that the wall would be accessible by simply turning around. The large tool wall surface is drywall with a piece of OSB attached and painted white. The OSB was leftover from the shop floor.

20191017_215028.jpg

The tool wall has a bunch of little shelves made from scrap material, much of it is screwed together. I really like having things accessible like this.
20191017_215047.jpg

I also put some commonly used items over here. Small clamps, glue, blue tape, pencil
20191017_215100.jpg

And of course my NCWW Sticker!
20191017_215118.jpg

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks great Jeremy, that leaves you plenty of flexibility as your work evolves.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Jeremy it looks to me like you are getting your shop geared up to start posting on Youtube! All you need are lights (no, you already have plenty of lighting), a camera .... WoodWhispering with Jeremy!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Now you just need to get yourself a "Real bench" and you can throw-away all those noisy machines! ha ha
That looks great!
I agree with Chris - I especially like the chisel "totes"

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
"Long ago in a Galaxy far away" I was a graphic & dimensional designer. When I started redoing my shop (it's still going on) I did a lot of research and designing. At the time the wife and I were discussing relocating. With that in mind all my designs were cabinets that I could take with me. I will finish up this winter with a dust collection system. We have now decided to stay put were we are. The cabinets however are working out well. You're wall looks great. I would have that route if I had only known we were not relocating.

Pop

PS: Ok DRW. I am kicking around posting on Facebook. Have 2 different show ideas. Their still under wraps. This is in case I get chicken and don't follow through.

Last edited:

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
How do you like having your workbench floating from the wall? I have always pushed mine against the wall and then I reach over for tools on the wall. Not sure if turning around is better or reaching over is better?

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
How do you like having your workbench floating from the wall? I have always pushed mine against the wall and then I reach over for tools on the wall. Not sure if turning around is better or reaching over is better?

I really like having the workbench away from the wall. I can see a few advantages (from my perspective at least)

1. Access to all sides of the bench can be handy
2. I have a bad back, so leaning over to grab things usually is a good thing for me to avoid
3. I think you can use more of the wall space. Easier to reach higher items when you are right by the wall and things can hang below the level of the bench.

The downside is that it will take up more space. That can be a big downside.

lastgoodusername

New User
lastgoodusername
Here is a picture of my tool boards. One is in my truck shop and the other from the wood shop. Both are from a couple of years ago but still gives the general idea. I haven't used french cleats for my tools in the wood shop but I have used it quite a bit in my truck shop. Go figure.
556.JPG
P1010008.JPG

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very organized looking Jeremy. One of these days I'll get my shop organized. One of these days, one of these days - keep telling myself that.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS