Tool Protective Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlrion

New User
Dan
Had to take a drive up to Virginia, and put in some elbow grease. But I got a type 1 for $230

I think that there should be someone who finds old misused tools and takes them away from people like the guy I got this saw from. They could give the saw's to "Foster Shops" to be cared for and loved. This guy obviously did not care at all about this machine.

This thing is such a nice saw, and it was in HORRIBLE condition! The guy had tightened down on the blade clamp to hard, and split the thing in two, and the table was completely rusted over, REALLY REALLY bad. Three days of scrubbing with a wire brush brought it around. I wish I had taken before and after pics.

100_15311.JPG

View image in gallery

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
A good story line about a great machine. Treat her right and she will handle all you can give her.

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Dan, :icon_thum nice adoption and restoration. I agree that machine abuse should be outlawed. :wconfused:

wrwilder

New User
Ray
Dan,

Nice find. I'm with you, I hate to see people mistreat tools or don't understand how to care for them. I looked for over a month to find a DW788 Type 1 with no luck. I gave in and got a Type 2 with stand and light from Grizzly for a good price. Not as good as the price you paid but OK. You'll love the saw, I'm really liking the Type 2 so I know the Type 1 would be great.

Enjoy.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Congratulations on finding a great saw! It's an older saw, a type 1, which means it is supposedly a better quality machine than the latter built type 2 machines. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do mine. Happy scrolling, and a happy sawdusting new year!:rolf::tool::rolf:
:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS