Tool Guide 911

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick7938

New User
Rick
My next door neighbor's son stepped on and demolished my Tru-Grip 24" Clamp and Tool Guide today. From looking on the web, it appears that these clamps are no longer made. I bought an All-in-One 36" from Woodcraft a while back, but it doesn't seem to clamp as smoothly or securely as my Tru-Grips. It also seems to deflect more that even my 50" Tru-grip.

Any suggestions on a replacement for these USA-made Tru-grips or am I going to have to settle on the China/Taiwan connection again?

Thanks for any feedback

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Rick, True Grip is history, a victim of their own success. Meaning others copied their ideas, and then sold it for less. Don't trash your old clamp. If part of the aluminum is still straight, cut it out, turn it over and attach a router to it. It is an exact fit into the groove on the edges. I saw this in FWW many years ago.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
:eek:
My next door neighbor's son stepped on and demolished my Tru-Grip 24" Clamp and Tool Guide today. From looking on the web, it appears that these clamps are no longer made. I bought an All-in-One 36" from Woodcraft a while back, but it doesn't seem to clamp as smoothly or securely as my Tru-Grips. It also seems to deflect more that even my 50" Tru-grip.

Any suggestions on a replacement for these USA-made Tru-grips or am I going to have to settle on the China/Taiwan connection again?

Thanks for any feedback

I have one of the clamps that you described. This looks like it might be the same thing.

http://astore.amazon.com/grizzly.sander.bandsaw.grinder.planer.drill.press-20/detail/B0000DYV3X

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS