Tool Gloat - Grizzly G0715P

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Made a trip to Cary on Sunday, so I am now the proud owner of a Grizzly G0715P, thanks Brian! The rails had been modified on the Incra so I have ordered new 92" rails and a router plate. When they are delivered, I will be able to get it set up as I want it. Ran by Lowes this morning for the power cable and twist lock outlet and plug so I now have power to it. Lots of Incra attachments to figure out how to use. Incra Ultra TS III, router table, Wonder Fence, and more. Tickled pink is all I can say.

101_1589.jpg 101_1590.jpg 101_1592.jpg

Duane

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
that is a super score! I saw the posting and had to immediately call my sponsor to prevent me from backsliding in the toolaholics anonymous program.

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
Yep, I believe that is the same guy I bought my SCMS from a few years back. Real nice guy. Glad such a sweet saw went to a fellow NCWW!

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Bryan, we have yet to meet. Why don't you PM me and swing by sometime. I can even gloat in person :rotflm:.

Duane

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
I've been looking into buying this very saw from Grizzly. I,d be very curious to hear how well you like it and if you'd recommend it. Thanks

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
This saw is an upgrade from my Craftsman 10" contractor saw, which in all rights was a good saw. I had been wanting to add an extension/router table insert and had even looked at aftermarket fences so when I saw this - and my wife said go get it - I had to move on it. I love the saw. It is more saw than I ever thought I would have. Seems to have plenty of power, is nearly perfect in alignment with the miter slot. I love the riving knife and the blade gaurd (dislike I had on the Craftsman). I can not comment on the factory fence. The setup came with the Incra fence system and I can not say anything but great things about the Incra. I am still in process of getting everything set up. I have the router table mounted. Just got the hardware for the additional extension table. I also had a workbench that I had built years ago that I shortened the legs on, added levelers, removed the plywood top and mounted an mdf and laminate top . This now sits on the back side of the saw as an outfeed table. Slots were routed in the edge for clearance in line with the miter slots of the saw and router table. Only one more thing to finish is a downdraft dust collector for the router table. I'll post additional pics when I complete that. So to your questions about the saw, yes, I'd recommend it. If you weren't half a state away, I'd say come by and put it thru it's paces.

Duane

jalbrecht

New User
Jeremy
Chilihead,
I've had this model saw for about a year now and have been really happy with it. I've cut everything from composite decking to 2x4 studs to 2" thick maple and haven't had any issues with it. The only thing slightly negative that I ran into was that it did take a little bit to get the miter fence parallel to the blade since it uses table mounted reunions, but it still took less than 30 minutes. I bought it for the features it had at such a low pricepoint and I haven't been disappointed.

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
Chilihead,
I've had this model saw for about a year now and have been really happy with it. I've cut everything from composite decking to 2x4 studs to 2" thick maple and haven't had any issues with it. The only thing slightly negative that I ran into was that it did take a little bit to get the miter fence parallel to the blade since it uses table mounted reunions, but it still took less than 30 minutes. I bought it for the features it had at such a low pricepoint and I haven't been disappointed.
Thanks for chiming in. Yes the price point for a new one is certainly attractive! I too have a 10 yr old Craftsman contractor saw. I don't have any complaints for the Craftsman, considering what it is, but I am looking to upgrade to a saw with better fence, a riving knife, and better dust collection. I'm just a weekend shop warrior ( a good one mind you!) but its hard to justify a $2-3000 cabinet saw. I don' t hear much chatter about the hybrids and just want to make sure I'm making a good move.

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
Thanks Duane. Sounds like you're setting up quite the system there! Green with envy here! Incidentally, my folks live in Burlington, so maybe I'll take you up on your offer if I get down that way soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors