Tool Gloat! Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Got this from work. The guy from one of the companies out there was going to throw this away. It has never been used at all, I cut the manufactures tape off the box.
0120001721.jpg

View image in gallery

0120001720.jpg

View image in gallery

downsized_0120001720a.jpg

View image in gallery
I think worth around $180. I LOVE FREE!:icon_cheers

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW!!!

Now that was a fantastic gift!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

Glad that you were able to snag that Cadillac......

Congrats

Wayne

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Zach: I wood be willing to teach ya how to use that super precision tool fer free :} :gar-Bi Just send it on up here and I will test and then certify it accuracy for ya, this way you dont waste ur valuable woodworking time checking instrumentation.

PS: I do have 15 yrs as machinist and Quality Control manager plus am NASA certified so I can check it reeeeeeeel well for ya.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Zach: I wood be willing to teach ya how to use that super precision tool fer free :} :gar-Bi Just send it on up here and I will test and then certify it accuracy for ya, this way you dont waste ur valuable woodworking time checking instrumentation.

PS: I do have 15 yrs as machinist and Quality Control manager plus am NASA certified so I can check it reeeeeeeel well for ya.

I got plenty of those "NASA" guys floating around down here. AND LET ME TELL YOU, I ABSOLUTELY............

Like those guys. I'm gonna ask one of my Machinist buddies from work to help me. I actually got 4 of them, gave three to those guys so they owe me a favor or two. I picked kept the one with the most gizmos (even though I don't know what they are :eusa_doh:) for myself. I got a vague idea of how to use it, but I'm gonna see if they have a magnetic base they can give me or something.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
What kind of fool would throw that away? And you got 4 of them? Did I read that right?

Now you can see how sloppy your drill press is.

Actually, not terrible useful in woodworking. A one inch travel dial indicator would be a lot more helpful or even a depth micrometer set.

You might do better to trade that for something you need.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
What kind of fool would throw that away? And you got 4 of them? Did I read that right?

Now you can see how sloppy your drill press is.

Actually, not terrible useful in woodworking. A one inch travel dial indicator would be a lot more helpful or even a depth micrometer set.

You might do better to trade that for something you need.

Can't I check saw blade rotation? I know I can use it to check alot of other things as well...at least that's what my machinist friends told me.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Check the back of the indicator. If it doesn't have an etched "S" (for Starrett) with a double circle around it, it's a cheap knockoff. These imitations are VERY inaccurate. I collect these imitations items as curiosities, I'll give you $10 for it to ease the pain.... :rolf:

Nice score Zach. Tools good, free tools better! :tool:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
You can check concentricity of your arbor, ( :}:} runout }, fence to blade Ie: parallism. height,depth. set jointer blades, ultra precision fence movements etc HOWEVER Zach this is why I said ya gotta send it up here so I can verify it and then I can teach ya :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors