Tool Catalog Junkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
OK, I admit it. I’m a woodworking tool catalog junkie!

I subscribe to the usual ones and a list of them is not necessary. But I want more!

The upcoming issue of FWW has an article about German wood planes and alludes to the ECE Primus as being only one of several that are in use there. So what are the others?

I’m sure that someone amongst us has European connections and has seen or subscribes to catalogs in use by woodworkers there. So where do Germans, Finns, French, Czechs, etc. buy their woodworking tools.

Post your favorites for catalogs and web sites specializing in European (or Australian) woodworking hand tools.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Bruce, if you go over to Woodcentral on their Hand Tool Forum, you'll see the name Derek Cohen frequently. He lives in Perth, Aus. and he is a fantastic woodworker and a prolific user of hand tools. Ask him where he gets his supplies. On Youtube you can see Laura Kampf and Marius Hornberger in Germany and Nick Zametti(?) in England. You could ask them.

Roy G

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check out Dictum GmbH out of Germany. 424 pages of hand tools. Nice to see they sell Estwing, Starrett, Bridge City, and other USA products

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have been told of a 12 step program for the aforementioned problem, I have to admit that I have not recognized the problem as of yet, so there you have it.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
I have been told of a 12 step program for the aforementioned problem, I have to admit that I have not recognized the problem as of yet, so there you have it.

I can certainly vouch for Graywolf not recognizing it, maybe if we had weekly meetings we'd get around to it eventually after we traded catalogs.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Unfortunately tool catalogs are only the gateway to worse conditions.... Tool buying, tool upgrades, tool duplication, tool collecting, tool hoarding and finally the worst of all, building larger shops to store all the tools! Sadly I'm in the latent stages and see no hope to recover, nor desire too!

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Not hand tools but somehow I've gotten on Festools mailing list. I only have their hand sander (a gift, about $60) and the plunge base for their multi-tool (about $160, fits my Fein). I may buy a domino some day but I think generally their tools are overpriced. But they have great ideas. And sometimes they are the only ones offering something I want. The hand sander is very handy when sanding drywall joints. Greatly reduces the dust.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Having worked for a woodworking store, I keep a collection of catalogs. In the dark of night when no one is around I get them out and dance around them. An ancient woodwork's ritual dating back to the hanging gardens of Babylon. NO! There's no cure for the catalog disfuncion.

Pop
:eek:ccasion1

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
oMy wife threatened to chop off my hand if I didn't abstain from buying more tools; just call me lefty now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS