Tool auction ends tonight

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just FYI

There are still a lot of tools left in this online auction w/ no bid or very low bids. Especially wooden body and molding planes w/ no bid or just $5. The auction ends tonight.

This auction was posted on the North Carolina Woodworkers FB page several weeks ago.

And no, I don't have a vested interest in the outcome of this auction. Just hate to see good tools end up in a dump somewhere. :(

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Unless bidding goes through the roof there are a lot of borderline steels there. Some stuff worth hundreds haven't even been bid on. Most needs some TLC but worth the effort.

awldune

Sam
User
Absolutely steals and wow that is a lot of stuff. You could make a lot of money just reselling most of these items.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
A Stanley #1 is sitting at a very low price, but who knows what will happen in the last five minutes.

It has a noticeable repair on the sole, which I suspect greatly reduces the collector value. I looked at it closely when I went to inspect the lot. Otherwise, in great condition. But it will still probably go up in the last few minutes.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
There were some awesome buys there. The clamps went really low for what they were. The 6" Powermatic jointer was a steal as was the Unisaw despite the Asian motor. Same with the shaper and the Delta 14" band saw.

Yelverton

Mitch
Corporate Member
I didn't end up bidding. There were a few inexpensive items that I considered, but it's tough to justify driving from Durham to Elon for a couple of $10 planes.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
i wish i would have seen this yesterday, really would have liked to bid on the Stanley No. 2. oh well.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I ended up with several items
Stanley 100, Stanley 100 1/2. Will definitely use both
Stanley no 8. Not sure if I will use but inexpensive
Stanley no 1. I bid with a max bid of $70 and never went back. I was surprised it went that low. Perhaps due to the repair but it was a good repair
2 Stanley SW no4 planes for a low bid
1 stanley no 5 broken handle but I have one in great shape from a $5 find that was too rusty to salvage.
Stanley no 3. Not bad shape but needs work
7 planes All for less than $300
They need a little attention but are all in useable shape.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Stanley no 1. I bid with a max bid of $70 and never went back. I was surprised it went that low. Perhaps due to the repair but it was a good repair
1 stanley no 5 broken handle but I have one in great shape from a $5 find that was too rusty to salvage.
Let me know if you don't want that Stanley No. 8, I will buy it from you

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I will see how I like it. It was one of the more expensive ones $69 all in with fees etc. I always wanted to try a #7 or #8. I bid on the 7 but all of the auctions ended within a 5 min period. I missed it by $1 with my incremental bids. Same for the #2. My bid was only $3 short. All of these sold at 25-30% of ebay prices.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Congrats Jeff. There were definitely some bargains to be had. I looked closely at the repair on the #1 and you're right, it was well done. Definitely a good user tool. Not sure how collectors would view it. The low price is probably a good indication.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS