Tightbond glue close out

Echd

C
User
Their inventory levels on brickseek are generally incorrect in my experience. I just left the reidsville lowes with 40 bottles and according to them that leaves them with a stock of around negative 50.

I think the head cashier was a little disappointed as she told me she thought she bought all of it when she cleared the shelf. Make sure you check the rack near the hardwood lumber and plywood as well as there is a standee of it in some stores, which is where I found this.

gtrboy77

Dean
User
It said there was supposed to be 18 bottles at the Boiling Springs store and when i got there, i was told some dude bought it all yesterday. ***?!? I wasn’t planning on buying up all the stock, since I probably can’t use it all quick enough before it goes bad.

Echd

C
User
Unfortunately you can't count too much on live inventory in large big box stores, especially with an item like this. One breaks and gets trashed, gets stolen, a cashier mistakenly rings up 20 bottles of TBIII when it was actually 15 of 3 and 5 of 2, something gets moved around for an ad or sale and then gets miscounted on the shelf, and especially in an item like this where you have two nearly identical items- an 8 oz titebond 3 and an 8 oz titebond 3 with 25% so it's actually 10 oz- it's even easier to mistake.

If they were very big ticket items it is more likely that the stock would be correct, but often you have changes in stock codes for very slight changes in product or packaging that lead to miscounts as well- after all, they're not on clearance because they will never sell TBIII again, they're on clearance to move them for a slightly differently labeled bottle.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you bought a bunch of this you might want to watch this. I has a shelf life.

Frequently Asked Questions
What is the shelf life of Titebond Wood Glues?​

Our literature states the shelf life of a majority of our wood glues as two years. Titebond Polyurethane Glue has a one-year shelf life in an unopened container, but is useable as long as the glue remains fluid. Polyurethanes, however, are designed to react when exposed to moisture. Sometimes, they begin to cure, and solidify, after the bottle has been opened. Most of our yellow and white glues, including Titebond Original and Titebond II, remain usable beyond two years. Should Titebond Original become thick and stringy, or Titebond II turn into an orange-colored gel, these changes signify that the glue is no longer usable. The minimum shelf life of Titebond III is stated as one two years. When stored appropriately at room temperature, Titebond III is expected to last beyond its stated shelf life. If thickened, shake vigorously by firmly tapping bottle on a hard surface until product is restored to original form. For a complete list of Titebond wood glues, adhesives and sealants shelf lives click here.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS