Thunderbird & NCWWer email

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickC

New User
Rick
Anyone here using the Thunderbird email program to access their NCWWer email accounts? If so what are your settings? What are you using for user id, port, connection security and servers?

Rick

tonyps

New User
Tony
I think the info depends on what the sys admins have setup/allowed users to do...
If it is setup for POP, you would typically use:
port 110,
with the incoming (POP)
Authentication is either TSL, SSL or whatever the system requires...
outgoing (smtp) being whatever the sys admins have set...
I use Thunderbird on Ubuntu, for checking my personal email from Verizon... they provide the incoming and outgoing server names...
Is there anything like that supplied for this site?

Regards,

Tony ...

RickC

New User
Rick
I think the info depends on what the sys admins have setup/allowed users to do...
If it is setup for POP, you would typically use:
port 110,
with the incoming (POP)
Authentication is either TSL, SSL or whatever the system requires...
outgoing (smtp) being whatever the sys admins have set...
I use Thunderbird on Ubuntu, for checking my personal email from Verizon... they provide the incoming and outgoing server names...
Is there anything like that supplied for this site?

Regards,

Tony ...

I compared it to the settings I have when using Outlook, but I am trying to get it set up when I use Thunderbird on Presto Linux. I get a time out error, which tells me I am going to the correct server, but as you said, i think it is the authentication. I have tried "none", "TSL if available", "TSL" and "SSL" with no luck. That is what I was hoping that someone else using NCWWer email might also be using Thunderbird so they could let me know what their settings were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS