this weeks project [updated finished pics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
paint grade poplar. still have some plugs to cut and some sanding to do. waiting for a color....:gar-Bi

bed41.JPG

IMG_30603.JPG

IMG_30622.JPG

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Re: this weeks project

Very nice, Fred!

Tell me about the louvers.

Was the bedrail hardware you were looking for yesterday, for this project?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Very nice, Fred!

Tell me about the louvers.

they are faux. non operational. there is another piece that goes down the middle of each one that gives the illusion that they operate but I am going to paint before I apply them. It's going to be hard enough to spray as is....:gar-Bi

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member

Fred, Very, very nice. I'm anxious to see it after it's painted.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

Very, very nice, Fred. Who would have ever thought to use louvers in a bed. Was that your idea or did a client specifically request it? Either way, I really like it. :icon_thum

Bill

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

Very, very nice, Fred. Who would have ever thought to use louvers in a bed. Was that your idea or did a client specifically request it? Either way, I really like it. :icon_thum

Bill

the client sent me a picture. I made a few changes to make it structurally better. the one in the pic was kinda wimpy.:gar-Bi My rendition is anything but wimpy.:wink_smil It's for a child so beefy is better.....

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member

Very nice, Fred!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

The louvered head and foot board is really a cool touch.

Wayne

sawduster

New User
Robert
You weren't kidding when you said it was pink :eek:

wow ....nice job dood :notworthy:. I hope i can come see it before it goes away from yer shop

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I was letting the suspense build and had refrained from posting since I wanted to wait until we took delivery and had some final pics to put up to show Fred's awesome work. :icon_thum

We recently moved our newest addition to the basement bedroom and decided we needed a bed for later and somewhere to sit now while we were in the room. So LOML found a daybed online that she liked that she thought would fit the bill for seating and future sleeping for Baby V. I knew better than to think I had time to build this since we wanted it done before Baby V. was ready for college. :rotflm: So I figured who better to ask if he was interested in building one for us than Fred. :thumbs_up

So we talked about what we wanted, materials, colors, etc... on the phone and at the Klingspor event and provided him with this one kinda crappy picture of the bed LOML liked.
Scroll_Side_Daybed.jpg

And LOML and the older kids were very happy when Fred showed up with the bed yesterday. We got it set up, positioned and sheets on it......so without further ado......pictures.

IMAG0205.jpg

and lastly a picture of the bed with the "real" client.... :gar-Bi

IMAG0207.jpg

The bed turned out great as I expected and the color that LOML picked wasn't as glaring as I thought it might be in the room. So momma is happy and we all know that means everyone is happy. :gar-La;:gar-La;

Thanks again Fred for a great bed that all of us will enjoy for a long time to come.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

And Duster, you're more than welcome to swing by and see it in person if you're in the Raleighwood area if you missed it at Fred's shop!!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS