This blade changing mechanism has GOT to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Spend some time working on a lighthouse clock and got tired of struggling with changing blades on my Delta SS350. So I switched projects. Pattern courtesy of SSW&C

310798_10150376090273015_680878014_8554346_1302833135_n.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg, I have cut me a few of those too. They are a lot of fun. If you want to play around a little cut one out of poplar and stain some of the pieces with different colors. Make sure you only use oil based.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Fine looking puzzle there.Yep them blade changes get tiresome,imagine the cuts on the recent clock masterpieces that was on here by Bruce a while back.
Tony

Hook

New User
Gregory
Fine looking puzzle there.Yep them blade changes get tiresome,imagine the cuts on the recent clock masterpieces that was on here by Bruce a while back.
Tony

The reality is, if I wasn't struggling with the overall use of my hands, I probably wouldn't think of the blade changes as much of an issue. Once all the dust settles I'll probably be looking for a new saw with an easier mechanism. Until then, if there's a way to mod this thing, I'm all for it.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Until then, if there's a way to mod this thing, I'm all for it.

Your timing is good; someone just PM'ed me earlier today asking me where I got the blade holder I used to mod my Craftsman VS-20. The answer is here:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ryobi-sc180vs-scroll-saw-parts-c-7931_8000_8003.html

If yours isn't a similar saw, that won't work. But look up toward the top and you will see the links to go up a level and see all Ryobi saws. Drill down into the diagrams and see if one matches yours. If not, go up to the home page and drill down into another brand. You just need a top blade clamp that attaches to the arm the same way yours does. I strongly recommend against doing anything to your saw other than swapping out the part, but you may need to modify the part to fit. For instance, I had to cut some of the metal off the top, above the pin, on the one that "fits" my saw. But for under $10 + shipping, it made life a lot easier.

cskipper

Cathy
You put the lime in the coconut!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

That is a fun pattern to cut! I should probably know this, but what type of saw do you have? Pinned or plain blades?

Are you releasing the blade at the top or bottom?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS