Thermwood and E-Cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
At the IWS I spent some time talking with these folks. They seems to have a pretty interesting business plan. They give the software to potential cabinet makers and line the owners of their CNC router up with the cabinet makers. The software produces everything from a kitchen layout for presentation to the customer, a rendering for the cabinet maker to use for customer approval, a cut list to give to the CNC router owner a list of hardware to buy from the hardware suppliers (like Blume) that are participating in the program. The Blume catalog is supposedly in the software.

The CNC router owner does not have to mess with fussy customers just run his machine. The cabinet maker gets the cut list produced exactly as ordered, assembles, finishes then installs.

Does anyone use the E Cabinet software? Does anyone use/have the Thermwood CNC router? A slit of suppliers comes with the soft ware but I have not received my copy yet. I think I McRabbit uses the software, yes?

John

M

McRabbet

... I think I McRabbit uses the software, yes?

John
Nope. I use TurboCAD and Sketchup. I picked up a free copy of Alibre Design at the Greensboro WW Expo, but I haven't loaded it yet (and it may be some time before I do).

Rob / McRabbet

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
I have a copy of the eCabinet software. It is a nice, complete and powerful package...BUT it is also very complicated and has a steep learning curve. Ecabinets does offer training but that is quite expensive. Program is geared more towards a production environment, it has a bunch of features that allow inventory control and automated ordering.
I gave up on it, it is not for individual pieces or 'one-off' items.
Cheers,
Bernhard

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
I spoke with a friend of mine that has a Thermwood CNC router.
It isn't as simple as giving the file to run the parts.
The tool path and tool sizes have to be set up.
There still is some set up time required on the Thermwood (or any other CNC router).
I agree with Bernhard, The learning curve on ECabinets program is steep.
I have access to CNC routers and find it easier to manufacture the parts manually than to set up te CNC for small runs.
Ron

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I agree with the others i does have a steep learning curve. But from what little I have messed with it it seems to be OK for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors