The Woodworking Show March 29, 30, 31 CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hi Folks, I haven't worked at one of these shows in a few years. I read their general info. and found a problem. always before when a person was a volunteer for a club booth his free time could be spent enjoying the show. Now his or her booth time will be monitored, and to see the show you are required to buy a ticket. As an additional goody there will be no senior or veterans discounts. I'm not trying to be the club grump, but this is something I came across that I felt might be worth calling attention to.

Pop
That requirement means the booth must be manned, if we have enough volunteers everybody can have plenty of breaks. Just need to be sure someone is there at all times, not that ALL have to be there at all times.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
If there is an issue with the number of free tickets available, I will be willing to pay for my own ticket. Just let me know.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
There is a total of 7 volunteers. Three for set up. Three to man the booth on Sunday and tear down.

mgreene93

Mark
Corporate Member
That requirement means the booth must be manned, if we have enough volunteers everybody can have plenty of breaks. Just need to be sure someone is there at all times, not that ALL have to be there at all times.
I’ll be there Sunday working the Charlotte Woodworkers booth. Once you get in, how will they know what ticket you used?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
If you are volunteering for our booth you will get a ticket from us. The Charlotte woodworking booth is who you need to be speaking to.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I think it may be confusing to have two "Woodworking Show" threads. Is there some magic way this thread and the other Woodworking Show thread can be combined or merged?

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
This is an email I have received from the Woodworking Show.
Subject: The Woodworking Shows Charlotte, NC March 29-31, 2019
Hello and we're so happy you will be involved in the show this year!
This year we are supporting the Wounded Warrior Project with pen kits that are being sold for $10 and the proceeds going to the WW Project. Would your group be able to provide some enthusiastic people to do pen turning at a demo area for the show?
We need wood turners to work with members of the general public at lathes that we are providing to make the pens. All help is greatly appreciated! Each show has 80 pen kits - once they run out they're gone. Please let me know as soon as you can so I can let the coordinators know that you are helping out! Thank you!
Finally, a couple of brief reminders:
  • Be sure to bring whatever power strips and extension cords you may need.
  • Set-up is open for Thurs, 12-6, or Fri, 8-11. ***If you are setting up on Fri morning, you MUST be onsite by 9:00 a.m. and have booth ready by 11:00.***
  • Tear-down cannot begin until after show closes at 3:00 on Sunday.
You will need to take a list of all booth workers to the Information Booth on the day you set-up. Please include a contact phone number for emergencies.
  • Remember: Keep the total number of booth workers to 20 or less. If one person works multiple days, it only counts as one.
For any questions/help, at the show, locate Charlene, show manager, or Dino, transportation manager.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I am giving the names of the booth workers to the information booth on Thursday.
The times the venue is open to workers
Thursday: (set-up) 12 - 6pm
Friday: Please arrive by 10am. Show begins at 11 am
Saturday: Please arrive by 10am
Sunday: Please arrive by 10am. Tear-down begins at 3pm.

Your ticket is good for the entire weekend.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Berta, if you guys think you will be there around 5:00PM on Thursday - I can there straight from work and give you the USMC Medallion for the Burial Urn Display.

I can't elieve there is only going to be 80 Wounded Warrior pens for the whole show!! Or is that only for our booth? Inquiring minds want to know.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Berta, if you guys think you will be there around 5:00PM on Thursday - I can there straight from work and give you the USMC Medallion for the Burial Urn Display.

I can't elieve there is only going to be 80 Wounded Warrior pens for the whole show!! Or is that only for our booth? Inquiring minds want to know.
I WILL meet you where ever. I’ll PM my phone #

I think that is for the whole show. The kits cost $10 ea.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS