The raffle has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The annual NCWW raffle has started. Here is your chance to win a great prize and help out NCWW. Our goal is to sell 1,000 tickets. How would you like to win a $1,500 gift certificate to The Woodworking Source? A $1,000 gift certificate to Klingpor? A free pass to WIA or one of the other great prizes. There are 12 in all. See list below. It is simple and easy. Just click on the raffle banner or side bar. Tickets are $5.00 each. If you purchase multiple tickets you can win multiple prizes. The drawing will be on Saturday May 17th at the NCWW picnic. You need not be present to win. On line sales will close Thursday May 15th. Tickets will also be sold at the picnic.

Tickets sales are open to NCWW members and the general public so please tell all your friends and neighbors.

2014 raffle.jpg

FlyingRon

Ron
Paypal will NOT permit us to use them for a raffle. We have not used Paypal for the raffle for several years. We initially were using an regular credit card processor but it was expensive and unwieldy. Amazon, who we used last year as well, seems to be a happy medium. They have nice support for non-profits like us (once I m managed to convince them of our identity...long story).

sawduster

New User
Robert
Is this Amazon thing the only option prior to picnic day ? Is there an option for those of us who still actually write checks ? :gar-Bi

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I got my tickets. I just hate to have to establish another "account."

Paypal will NOT permit us to use them for a raffle. We have not used Paypal for the raffle for several years. We initially were using an regular credit card processor but it was expensive and unwieldy. Amazon, who we used last year as well, seems to be a happy medium. They have nice support for non-profits like us (once I m managed to convince them of our identity...long story).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Is this Amazon thing the only option prior to picnic day ? Is there an option for those of us who still actually write checks ? :gar-Bi

Robert the only option we have prior to the picnic would be for you to send a check to the below address and write RAFFLE in the memo line. BUT keep in mind we would not be able to issue you ticket numbers until we close the on-line sales.

North Carolina Woodworker, Inc.
22152 NC Hwy 24-27
Cameron, NC 28326

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I think a description of the prize" WIA" would help. Great raffle prizes!!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think a description of the prize" WIA" would help. Great raffle prizes!!

WIA is Woodworking in America 2014. This year's session will be held in Winston Salem. Their write up:
"Experience the ultimate woodworking weekend. The nation’s best woodworking show and conference has chosen this year’s location — Winston-Salem, North Carolina! Learn from woodworking legends and discover new techniques. See the latest tools and talk shop with other woodworkers. It all happens at Woodworking in America 2014, brought to you by the editors of Popular Woodworking Magazine."

http://www.woodworkinginamerica.com/ehome/index.php?eventid=84822&tabid=179439&

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got my tickets. I just hate to have to establish another "account."
Somehow I can't quite grasp the hypocrisy of Paypal's policy of saying raffles are 'online gambling'.
Have you ever bought anything on Ebay? :rotflm:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
To expand a little on the WIA prizes. If you go to the conference or whatever you want to call it, you can tour the floor vendors for only about $10/day. The $450 ticket gives you access to all three days of seminars and workshops held by world famous crafts people in the WoodWorking community.

Last edited:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Are there still tickets left. How do I purchase

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dustin,

To purchase Raffle tickets you will need to exit TapaTalk and visit www.ncwoodworker.net directly with the web browser of your choosing. There you will find ads for the Raffle on both the sidebar and the top-of-page banner ads, just click on either of the ads and you will be taken to the Raffle.

It is best if you login to the site prior to purchasing your tickets so as to ensure that they are properly registered against your username (it just simplifies our lives in terms of matching up your tickets to your username should we need to get in touch with you).

Tapatalk is a mobile helper app for online forums supporting it, but it does not show you the entirety of the website (IIRC as I don't use it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors