The INCA has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
The Inca band has was finally delivered and I could not be more pleased with the purchase. Much heavier duty than I had imagined and in great shape. After a through cleaning, a new blade and careful set up and fine tuning; performance is every bit as good as I had thought it would be. I have a large saw that I use for straight cuts and re-sawing, so this one will be used with a 1/4" or 3/8" blade for small work and curved cuts. I cannot imagine having any issues with blade breakage as the three wheels are 10 1/2" diameter. Never even had that problem with the Delta three wheeler with considerately smaller wheels. I will be listing the Delta here in the classifieds for sale at $250. Upgraded the Delta with ceramic guides, a good rip fence and a metal stand. Did I need a new band saw? Heck no - but I always wanted an Inca!

IMGP1540.jpgIMGP1550.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice, I didn't know they made a three wheel. I wish I had room for the Delta, I had one in Georgia 23 years ago and really liked it.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, would you have room for that Rikkon 10" like we have on the trailer? That has a pretty small footprint and can be easily stored away.

I think if I were to replace my Grizzly 14", I'd buy the 14" Rikkon with 12-1/2 resaw capability and bigger motor and dedicate it to re-sawing with a 1/2" Wood Slicer blade always in it. And then get a 10" Rikkon to use for curved cuts, keeping a 1/8" blade in it. Then I wouldn't have to change blades so often.

Anyway, during Outreach events, I've been really impressed with the smaller Rikkon's abilities. We cut 2 to 2-1/2" maple with it regularly when making the band saw boxes.

Getting back on topic (I digress a lot, don't I) this saw looks like a very good deal. Looks to be built solid and has a huge throat capacity for its size.

bwat

New User
Bill
Congrats Dino, very nice. I too have the older Delta 3 wheeler that I use for smaller and curved cuts and have no breakage issues. The 16" depth was the reason I traded up from the 10 footprint. Larger tasks go to the 16HD Laguna so if you have room for 2 bandsaw this is a nice arrangement.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats!!!! You did not need it but you wanted it. I fully understand that logic.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Ken, I have a 1950s - 60s three wheel Chraftsman bandsaw that is much smaller than this Delta, maybe a little bigger than the 10 inch Rikon. I don't even have room to set it up. Maybe someday I'll have room for all the tools I want.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I think you'll enjoy it. I have a INCA 8 5/8 wide jointer with the planner attachment. The latter is manual feed and too much work. But the jointer part works well. The planner is a heavy table that screw adjusts over the jointer knives with leaf springs to hold the work up. Does a nice job but manually moving the wood through is just too much work. So I got a used lunchbox (old Ryobi AP-10) that is much cruder made but much less work too. My INCA is compact and kind of light - made of aluminum - but accurately machined and capable of good work.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dino -
I think you will LOVE that saw - I put a LOT of wood through one at work back in the early 90's - NEVER an issue and we didn't have the Great blades we have now!

unimog

New User
CHO
Good find! and glad to see is performing as you were expecting.
I have been looking for some Inca machine locally but did not have much luck.

By the way is the wheel beside the bandsaw what it looks?

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
The 2 bandsaws is a great idea. I have an old Delta 14 inch made back when they were made in the US. It's a far cry from the current Delta products. I use 3 blade sizes 1/8, 3/8, & 5/8. That's my big saw my little saw is a Shopsmith 11 in. I use a 1/8 in. blade. I tried to use the Shopsmith 1/16 in. blade, but it would't stay on the wheels. With that 1/16 blade it would have the worlds fastest scroll saw.:rotflm:
Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS