The great tool pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Well folks... today, at the crack of dawn, we set off on a pilgrimage... an epic journey... one which would take us to the very edge of the known power tool universe...

We saw great and mighty power tools, the likes of which no mortal man should possess... we accomplished great feats of strength, almost superhuman, that we never thought possible...

By the end of the day, our lives were forever changed. For we had witnessed, first hand...

THE GREATEST TOOL HAUL IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!

Photo_110505_001.jpg

Photo_110505_002.jpg

Photo_110505_003.jpg

:eusa_thin Hmmm... I don't know, guys... that little pallet looks kind of rickety... do ya think it'll hold up 1200+ pounds?!?!?!

Photo_110505_004.jpg

What we need is an engineer!!!! :lol:

Photo_110505_005.jpg

Photo_110505_006.jpg

OK, so all we gotta do is put this thing up THERE.

Photo_110505_007.jpg

Um... HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!! :slap:

Photo_110505_008.jpg

Photo_110505_009.jpg

Are those... WORM HOLES in that pallet?!?!?! Where did that pallet come from? It looks like it washed up on the beach somewhere... :oops:

Photo_110505_010.jpg

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

"I used long screws to attach those casters... the screws went ALL THE WAY THOUGH the pallet... and I used WASHERS, TOO!!!!"
Woodguy1975
November 5, 2005

Photo_110505_011.jpg

Photo_110505_012.jpg

Loaded up and ready to haul...

Photo_110505_013.jpg

"Uh, guys... we're not quite done yet..."

Photo_110505_015.jpg

Photo_110505_016.jpg

Photo_110505_018.jpg

:cool:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I was wondering how ya'll were gonna get that stuff loaded. Good thing there was a forklift available. Did ya'll get the router table also?? If so could you spare a router, one of the big ones of course?? Sweet haul, ya'll (Woodguy) done real good. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I bet you guys had a ball too. Did you guys actually leave anything there?

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey, that stuff clearly has been abused and potentially damaged. Immediately return it to WWS so it will be part of the Veterans' Day scratch and dent sale!:eusa_danc

Sapwood

Monty

New User
Monty
clowman said:
I bet you guys had a ball too. Did you guys actually leave anything there?
Yeah, a ball I think... At least it feels that way... :rbedface:

:lol:

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, guys it was quite a day. We got the famous 3 spindle shaper complete with set of door cutters, the W&H molder, the Woodtek edgesander, and the 3 Hp shaper without the fence for Brandon. It was a HECK of a day! The single greatest woodworking tool day in my 4 years.

All is safely put away in the shop. I've already hooked up the edge sander and took it for a test drive. Perfect. I started cleaning up the 3 spindle shaper and found that the original cosmoline was never removed from the non contact areas of the top surface. So about 70% of the shaper surface was perfectly free from rust once we hit it with some WD-40. The surface rust is coming off easily and the shanper is going to shine like a new penny. All surfaces are totally free of any pitting and good as new. I'll take some pics tomorrow. Too tired for any more polishing today.

BTW, all these tools were only used for 2 cabinet jobs before sitting. :-D Most of them date 2000 year of manufacture. Only a couple of dust collectors left and the wide belt sander. All the rest is with me. :)

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So you got the edge bander, router table and raised panel thingamjiggy also. You need to PM me with the damages. Erin rocks, one nice lady. Dave:)

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Good haul guys! It's touching to see good tools find a good home. It brings a tear to my eye!
I hope that my descriptions were helpful and accurate.
Any luck locating the guard/splitter for my unisaw?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice haul fellas. Looks like you guy pretty well cleaned the place out.

WG, what size spindles are on the shapers?

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
D L Ames said:
Nice haul fellas. Looks like you guy pretty well cleaned the place out.

WG, what size spindles are on the shapers?

D L

Actually the router table, raised panel table, and hot air edgebander are still there too. Those weren't considered much to me. So have at those guys too. :)

The spindles on my 3 spindle shaper is 3/4" right now. I'm going to buy the 1 1/4" spindle, and router collets for the shaper from Woodworker's supply. I looks like the 3 Hp shaper has a router collet installed, but I'll have to look further before knowing for sure. The 3 HP single shaper is Brandons!!!

It was a good haul. :)

John

woodguy1975

New User
John
Re: The great tool pilgrimage (Pics)

Ok here are few pics of the new tools in their new home.

3spindleshaper.jpg

Wondering what that shaper looks like on the top. After just a few minutes of cleanup from Terry and I here is what the top looked like.
3shapertop.jpg

Of course I went ahead and tried the edge sander and put it in its new home. I have to run new electrical for it and expand my DC, but that won't take long.
edgesander.jpg

Of course, the W&H molder I also got. This machine only requires me to order more cutters for it. A very nice machine to have. While I won't use it every day in the shop, when I use it, it will be an incredible advantage over shaper or router bits.

whmolder.jpg

Of course, don't forget Brandon's shaper...
brandonshaper.jpg

Definitely a day of days....:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Thanks,

John

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Sweet haul guys. Everything looks great and I'm sure it will be put to good use. :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Woodguy, those cleaned up really well. I am surprised to see the moulder, Erin wasn't gonna sell that, but keep it for herself to make picture frames for her photog. business. Make her a few pieces of picture frame stock to be a good guy...err, better guy. You've done good, Thanks to Erin again!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS