The Dog feeder is finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Here it is in it's original design! The first photo is before the Danish Oil, the next one is after two coats.

Attachments

• Dog Feeder Before.jpg
    Dog Feeder Before.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Dog Feeder After.jpg
    Dog Feeder After.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 226

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That looks really good. Love the Danish Oil, so easy and such good results. You might consider a poly coat or two to give it extra protection from doggie slobber. Lucky dog.
Dave:)

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
I made a table for our dog and used several (memory says 5 :eusa_thin) coats of marine spar varnish. He was a little unsure of it at first :drunken_s, but warmed up to it when the fumes finally dissipated...

The nice thing is that after 6+ months of use (i.e. almost submersion) it is still holding up well. :eusa_danc

BTW: Nice work, yours looks great :icon_thum

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Thanks guys. I like this version much better. My GF brought home another Poplar plank this evening, sooooo, I'm building yet another one.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Good job Anna-Catherine!

Now you have me inspired! We have a pretty skittish (.sp?) Sheltie, so I am not sure if he could handle a such new environment.8-O I may give it a try anyway. Especially, now that I have learned (through your experiences) how to route out the holes for the bowls!

I really liked your finish, by the way!!!

Thanks for the photo shot!

Wayne

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Wayne,

It was a fun and fast project, once I worked out all the kinks.:eyeslam:
Or did those kinks work me out? Anyway, I was really going to go for the classic tung oil finish (I'd just finished watching David "Tung Oil" Marks on DYI) but when I went to fLowes, all they had was the Danish Oil. It's my new favorite.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Anna, that turned out very nice.:icon_thum From your previous posts it sounds like you learned a bunch while building this project. Again, great job.

D L

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
D L Ames said:
Anna, that turned out very nice.:icon_thum From your previous posts it sounds like you learned a bunch while building this project. Again, great job.

D L

Thanks. You are correct in saying I learned alot. I had a strange spurt of inspiration the other night and I have 2/3s of the second project done. It's going to be identical to this one.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Question for you Anna.....

I recently ordered the Jasper jig fromAmazon (Haven't received it just yet.), but I was just wondering if you used a 1/4" sprial upcut router bit for the cut? I have a couple of straight bits, but no upcut. Do you think that I will have to make a run to Woodcraft for a Whiteside upcut bit? Or, does the straight bit work ok. (I seem to recall your bad experience with the bot breaking in you!?:crybaby2:)

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Wayne

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Canuk said:
Question for you Anna.....

I recently ordered the Jasper jig fromAmazon (Haven't received it just yet.), but I was just wondering if you used a 1/4" sprial upcut router bit for the cut? I have a couple of straight bits, but no upcut. Do you think that I will have to make a run to Woodcraft for a Whiteside upcut bit? Or, does the straight bit work ok. (I seem to recall your bad experience with the bot breaking in you!?:crybaby2:)

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Yes, my bit broke. But it was my fault. It was a Ryobi bit, no a quality bit. :eusa_doh: So, a spiral upcut bit would be fine, however, when I replaced my 1/4" bit with a Bosch 1/4" long cutter bit, I was just fine. Just remember to go slow and take out a little at a time. For my Ryobi PL180 router I had to put washers between the jig and my router base so that I didn't break the jig base. My set-up did not allow for the tension to be properly disbersed thus I ended up breaking the jig while routing my circle. :bcry: The washers worked great.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks Anna...

(In a way I was hoping that you would say that I needed to make a trip to Woodcraft!:crybaby2: )

Oh well ..... I'll try a straight bit, as you suggest!

Thanks Again,

Wayne

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Canuk said:
Thanks Anna...

(In a way I was hoping that you would say that I needed to make a trip to Woodcraft!:crybaby2: )

Oh well ..... I'll try a straight bit, as you suggest!

Thanks Again,

Wayne

SPIRAL BITS, SPIRAL BITS...okay, they are better. LOL There you have my permission to go to Woodcraft.
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS