Thanks Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
As many know I lost dad last week. While in Florida and trying to keep my mind busy, I decided to check the local craigslist. I saw this posted 3 weeks prior. I figured if it was still available God and my dad meant me to have it. I called and sure enough it was available. The woman selling had 3 potential buyers and all three low balled her big time. It came with 4 gross of Flying Dutchman blades, misc other blades, a half dozen books (some I have and will be gald to donate) and enough BB and hardwood to fill a large laundry basket.

Everytime I use this baby I will thank God and my dad. To me this will always be my ultimate gloat.

For the non scrollers this is the HAWK ULTRA 226VS

Last edited:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Outstanding! What a great thing to have such a fantastic tool tied to a memory like that.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well there is a silver lining to every cloud. Everytime you use it I bet you will think of him.

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
suuwwwweeeeet!!!:eusa_clap:icon_thum that thing looks unused! so um.... is it dirty yet?:rotflm: I would like to read some books if you have any for a beginner. my scroll saw has been used exactly twice in the four years I've had it. I would like to learn it [I think]

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nicely put Scott. I have a bench grinder in my shop that was my Dad's and I think of him every time I touch it or turn it on.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
What a wonderful find, Scott!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that the memories attached to this fine piece of equipment will reward you for many years!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
Scott ... my most sincere, heart-felt condolences on the loss of your Dad. I lost my Dad 9 months ago. He too was a woodworker. EVERY time I go out to the shop, I feel his presence and I thank God for him and all that he taught me. You were blessed through your Dad. Now, you bless others through your gifts and your friendship.

Jim

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
And if that's the one out of Ocala ... you did yourself good on the price! NICE SCORE BY EVERY MEASURE ... especially for a guy named NC SCROLLER!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Awesome score Scott. I think that's a great way of approaching it, that your Dad wanted you to have it. I expect you'll have many, many happy hours on that machine.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
There is nothing like fond memories of loved ones. Especially when this saw will cause them every time you see it! Enjoy your memories...

Nice saw, YOU ROCK!

sawduster

New User
Robert
Way to go bro ! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You even got the side table with yours ...sweeeet :icon_thum
I have the very same machine and you will enjoy the versatility you will have by adding this one to your arsenal

[pie]YOU ROCK !![/pie]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors