Thank you for the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic!

cskipper

Cathy
I had a delightful time at the Mid Winter Blahs Picnic today! Thanks to the folks who planned and coordinated this event! Also wanted to thank those who contributed door prizes.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had nice time, so thanks to those that work so hard to put this on.

pcooper

Phillip Cooper
Corporate Member
Even though it was not the best of days outside with the rain and cold, the fellowship inside was great!! Thanks to Bruce for all the hard work on putting this together, and all others that contributed the door prizes, and a nice place to get together.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Another great get together, I think everyone had a good time. Good food. Good prizes.

And a lot of good friends.

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Many thanks to Bruce for his tireless effort in organizing the picnic again and to Adam and Dana for their work in getting the church space and doing all of the cooking and setup. And as others have already said, we all had a good time despite the wet weather.

It was great seeing so many old friends and enjoying the hospitality.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
No pictures - did this really happen?
Hank said he took a picture of someone eating; maybe he'll share it. Anyhow, thanks to everyone who came, and all those who helped to move phenolic off the truck, and those who bought some. But I especially want to thank the whole Davis family for their hard work in helping to get things organized and doing the cooking, making coffee, and everything else they did to make this such a nice event. We are also very grateful to our supporters who contributed towards great door prizes; Coleman Fourshee at Klingspors, John at NC WOOD TURNING TOOLS, and thank you to Raymond who brought 3 wonderful prizes from last year's Spring Picnic.
And finally, as I said at the conclusion of the picnic, I am retiring from leading this event, and will gladly aid whoever might lead it this next year, Thank you folks, you're really the ones who make it great!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
No pictures - did this really happen?
If only I could upload them...
Tried to upload to the Gallery, it wouldn't work...
Now getting:
[h=1]This page isn’t working[/h][FONT=&quot]www.ncwoodworker.net is currently unable to handle this request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]HTTP ERROR 500

[/FONT]

Tried copy and paste that didn't work
Tried to paste the picture into an e-mail and a word document - that didn't work...

Right about to give up!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
If only I could upload them...
Tried to upload to the Gallery, it wouldn't work...
Now getting:
This page isn’t working

[FONT=&amp]www.ncwoodworker.net is currently unable to handle this request.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]HTTP ERROR 500

[/FONT]

Tried copy and paste that didn't work
Tried to paste the picture into an e-mail and a word document - that didn't work...

Right about to give up!

load em to the new site! that may get others to look and give feedback.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well, finally found a way to put pictures into this post! (so everyone believes it DID happen!)
I wanted to give a BIG shout out to the guy who got this going and has kept it going for some time.
I was able to sneak up behind him and capture a VERY rare shot of Bruce that show why he is always at the center of helping people!
View attachment 29746
I will post more pictures in another thread...

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
More pictures from the picnic:
Someone said the Burgers are done, here we come...
View attachment 29747
I wasn't rude to take an action picture, but a prayer was said before we "dug-in!"
View attachment 29749
View attachment 29750
Cathy and Phillip enjoying the day!
View attachment 29748
Another rare picture of someone who doesn't like accolades for all he does for the site (and especially for our picnic)
(If I close my eyes, they won't see me)
View attachment 29751
and a few more, see if you can find someone you know! Then you can join them next year!
View attachment 29752
View attachment 29753

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Hank,

How did you add that yellow halo to Bruce's pic (pic #1)? I'm curious.

Thanks for the other pics too. I don't know any of these folks but I recognize Graywolf.

1. Cathy and Phillip Cooper (pccooper)?

2. I don't know the other folks.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank,

How did you add that yellow halo to Bruce's pic (pic #1)? I'm curious.

Thanks for the other pics too. I don't know any of these folks but I recognize Graywolf.

1. Cathy and Phillip Cooper (pccooper)?

2. I don't know the other folks.

I was just able to capture the halo in all its splendor (probably becase of the rainy day?! (dunno) MS Paint may have had something to do with it as well.

1. yep - CathySkipper and Phillip Cooper (pccooper)
2. you need to get out more - meet people, mingle...

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow, I knew I was blessed, but just wow! Thank you Hank!
Hey, I just took the picture - you have done all the work to deserve it for YEARS!

Seriously, thank you for getting the Western picnic started and keeping it going these past few years - we always have fun!
Also, as you have mentioned - a HUGE thank you to the Davis' as this would be a lot more work for a lot more people without their help and organization every year!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors