Target USL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rywilson

New User
Ryan
I'm finishing some nightstands and the wife wants them Pottery Barn black. I did a bunch of test boards with India ink and it came out OK. However I would like to try some USL tinted black. Before I order some I would like to try it out since I have never used it before.

Does anyone have some USL tinted black that they no longer need and would be willing to sell?

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Ryan,

I do not use USL nor do I have anything tinted black but my favorite water based finish is Resisthane and it is sold tinted either white or black. I've used the white and you need a tinted primer under it or be prepared to apply 4 or more coats but it is nice finish. It is also inexpensive. A gallon is about $30 delivered. They also sell quarts. I buy from Hood finishing.

Jim

DavidF

New User
David
On the demilune project (see gallery) I used Indian ink to stain the legs and then used it again to colour the USL, worked very well. I did say after doing that project that if I wanted that jet black look again I would spray a good quality black paint which after all all is a solid disolved in a carrier! then spray multiple coats of clear sealer to give the depth I want.

rywilson

New User
Ryan
Re: Target USL (updated)

I ended up ordering some of the Target USL tinted black. This is my first experience spraying and I was very impressed with this product. Of course I have nothing to compare it with but it was very easy to use and the results were great.

Here is the table sprayed with 2 coats of USL tinted black
link

For those of you experienced in spraying will adding a few coats of clear on top of this give it more depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS