Tapering jigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I notice that all of the tapering jigs that I have seen, work by sliding the jig against the fence. What if instead, you clamped one side of the jig to the fence and moved the piece against the other side of the jig? In essence making the fence angled.

It sounds good to me, but I don't want it to be another one of my ideas, that after i do it I see why it won't work.:lol:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
I don't think it would work, as you would be forcing the wood into the saw blade sideways.... Although you might be able to make a cove cutter that way.

Monty

New User
Monty
What you have described is similar to how you would set up to cut a cove. Sometimes it's hard to visualize why it won't work until you actually put a board at an angle on your TS and then take a look at how the blade would enter the workpiece.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Please Steve, don't try that idea, it is the best way to get a board in the forehead.:eyeslam: Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
OK, OK, I get it.:eusa_naug :slap::crybaby2: I just don't see why a good idea has to be ruined by reality:BangHead::eusa_booh:eusa_doh::saw: :eyeslam:

Thanks guys, you just saved me some useless work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS