Tall built in cabinet doors

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Not exactly….. I had to replace the fixture that was there with a waffle flush mount LED. Was not part of the original plan!
Funny, I hadn't noticed the light fixture issue 'till the comment was made. Before I saw the reply, my thought was Waffle LED fixtures! They are so much brighter so much cheaper to burn and so out of the way!

And this from a fellow that bought up Halogen Bulbs because he liked the bright, sharp patterns through cut (or patterned) glass fixtures.

Next time, install a couple LED fixtures (or tapes?) at the top of the cabinet at/near the front edge with a switch on the door(s) or a motion detector switch.

One question, after seeing the clothes hung there "How does the kid reach the top shelf?"

OH, yes, nice work!

Last edited:

danceswithwindows

danceswithwindows
Corporate Member
Funny, I hadn't noticed the light fixture issue 'till the comment was made. Before I saw the reply, my thought was Waffle LED fixtures! They are so much brighter so much cheaper to burn and so out of the way!

And this from a fellow that bought up Halogen Bulbs because he liked the bright, sharp patterns through cut (or patterned) glass fixtures.

Next time, install a couple LED fixtures (or tapes?) at the top of the cabinet at/near the front edge with a switch on the door(s) or a motion detector switch.

One question, after seeing the clothes hung there "How does the kid reach the top shelf?"

OH, yes, nice work!
Thanks! I really like the idea of incorporating lights in my next cabinet build. I can use my new found electrical skills again! I’ll do some research on LED tape - that sounds awesome.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks! I really like the idea of incorporating lights in my next cabinet build. I can use my new found electrical skills again! I’ll do some research on LED tape - that sounds awesome.
Low voltage LED lighting is useful, fun to employ and even more enjoyable when my electrician does the work. You will like the stuff!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS