Table Saw Question

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
One thingI want to bring out I purchased a Laguna Lathe last fall thru Klingspors. Laguna has top of the line Customer Service. I would definitely consider another laguna product.

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I purchased a Supermax drum sander and had a little issue. The Laguna customer service was quick and painless to fix it. But it was under warranty. After warranty might be a different issue

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Still no decision yet. I don’t have 220v and don’t have a huge shop. So was looking for a saw for a smaller shop. I’m concerned that 36” saw might not work, but then again if a 36” doesnt fit does a 30” really make that much difference

I used my table saw last night and took me measuring the back of the blade to the fence and front of the blade to the fence. I sigh every time I have to use it
If your saw is working fine and the fence sucks, why not upgrade the fence and save some cash?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Someone in cary has a delta with a biesmeyer fence for 350. It's belt drive so much better than the direct drive version.
Martin roper just posted the link.

Last edited:

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I purchased a Supermax drum sander and had a little issue. The Laguna customer service was quick and painless to fix it. But it was under warranty. After warranty might be a different issue
I own 2 Laguna CNC machines. I did not buy these machines new however they are relatively new and current models. I have had to contact Laguna a few times since I purchased them. I have found their tech support to be the best in the industry. They open a case for all incoming calls and WILL return a call in a timely fashion. They will even return my call (knowing who I am) If I call and hang up without leaving a message, they have my phone number on file. They went above and beyond sending me electronic setup files, schematics and parts info. One of their techs flat out agreed one of their components I needed was too high priced and set me on a path to find a comparable component commercially. In stark contrast , Powermatic will not even talk to you if you're not the original owner about warranty issues but will give tech support , begrudgingly it seems though.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors