Table saw mobile base

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Has anyone out there got pictures of a tablesaw mobile base that they've either made or seen that works well? After calling 3 strong friends to help me move my uni, I've decided that my next project should be to devise a way to move it myself.

This is where I am so far:
Yesterday I was given 4 good, heavy duty 4" locking swivel casters. They were going to throw them out at work!! I'm thinking of a 2x2x1/4 angle iron frame with leveler feet (already on their way from Grainger). Then have the casters mounted on hinges so that if you use a lever to lift one end of the saw, you hinge the casters down under the saw. Then the same on the other end. I'd also like to incorporate a storage cabinet under the table extension.

I guess I'm asking for ideas/photos of other alternatives...there are some sharp folks here and I think I'd be remiss to go off on my own here with no advice.

DavidF

New User
David
I use the one that came with my dewalt, but didn't we have a discusion thread about a design for lifting wheels etc just recently - Steve D??

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Yes, guilty as charged...but that was geared toward a workbench since it was before I had even dreamed seriously about a unisaw...

Here is a cart that inspired me...
sawcart2.jpg

This sold on ebay about 6-8 months ago. I had to save the pic for inspiration.

DavidF

New User
David
What a lot of wasted floor space though. I will get some pics of the dewalt one. Even with the 52" rails and side table it works well even though it is only under the main saw. The attachment to the side table is sufficiently ridgid that it lifts as well.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I agree that the cart in the picture above wastes alot of space, but it's construction is what inspired me.

I'd like my cart to continue out under the side table because I figure the space under that is wasted anyway so why not put a cabinet there?

DavidF

New User
David
Good point, I just put a shelf under there to hold throat plates, push sticks etc. and I put my router in the side table as well so that takes room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS