Table saw fence opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

owen299

Dan Bowen
User
I have an older Grizzly 1022 table saw that i would like to replace the fence on for something with a little less 'WOBBLE". Got the saw a couple yrs ago for a pretty good deal and wonder if it's worth upgrading the fence or raplace the saw (rather not).
Anyone having any info would be a great help.... oh yea

HAPPY NEW YEAR

tommyt654

New User
tommyt654
If you can find one the Delta 36-T30 is an excellant replacement fence for contractor style tablesaws and Lowes has discontinued stocking them but you may find one by checking with corporate. They can be had for $40 or less in some cases.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Occassionally, you will see a Biesemeyer, Unifence, or Vega for sale on Craigslist for a good price. If the saw runs good, and you are happy with it, keep your eyes open and you can get a good deal. Might check to see what Amazon has on sale as well as they sell all 3 mentioned above.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
I have an older Grizzly 1022 table saw that i would like to replace the fence on for something with a little less 'WOBBLE". Got the saw a couple yrs ago for a pretty good deal and wonder if it's worth upgrading the fence or raplace the saw (rather not).
Anyone having any info would be a great help.... oh yea

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I am replacing a Grizzly 1022Z table saw with a new cabinet saw. The 1022Z model came with the Shop Fox micro-adjusting fence. It is the best fence that I have ever had on a table saw. It remained true and square at any extension and when you clamped it down, it didn't move. The standard 1022 saw, not the "Z" model came with a less robust fence. You might want to see of Shop Fox still makes the "Z" fence. It is a very good one.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors