Table saw adjustment help

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
Hey all,
Looking to draw on some experience. Saw is an older delta 34-444 with a unifence and a new motor. I have 2 issues with the saw (that I can tell) (pic 2)
1. Blade cuts right to left, if my research is correct I believe there are 2 nuts to adjust to realign the blad to the saw. (Picture 3) this I believe i have figured out.
2. Blade cuts at an angle. This is a right tilt saw and won't tilt all the way back to 0. I see on the spindle there is a set screw that would potentially allow me to allow more travel but I'm not sure this is the correct way to fix or not. (Pic 4)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220322-190034_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220322-190034_Chrome.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 20220322_181034.jpg
    20220322_181034.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20220322_181123.jpg
    20220322_181123.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • 20220322_181115.jpg
    20220322_181115.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
On the tilt, first check to see if sawdust is impacted / crusted at the stop. Then clean the tilt screw and lube with dry lube or wax that will not attract more sawdust. If the blade still does not go to 90degrees adjust the stop nut or screw that the trunion bumps against at the end of travel.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Difficult to see the orientation of the photo but I don’t believe you have selected the correct bolts to adjust blade tracking to the guides. Look in your manual or online to find the procedure.

bainin

New User
bainin
Have a look at this - though it may not be your saw, what Nick teaches are the fundamentals of saw alignment.

b

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
Before you try to make any adjustments...Contractors saws are easily pushed out of alignment when the blade is tilted because of the weight of the motor hanging on the end of the round bars that are the trunnion...You can check for the trunnion being out of alignment by (1) Take the blade off (2) find a piece of plywood about 5" x 5" and reach under the trunnion from the backside and lay the plywood on the bottom of the 2 trunnion bars (3) the plywood should lay flat on the 2 bars without rocking corner to opposite corner...If the plywood "plate" rocks corner to corner that is what's causing the problem...fix the problem by loosening the 2 nuts shown in picture 3 slightly...twist the motor either left or right until the "plate" lays flat on both bars...retighten the nuts (Tight)...if there is still some slight misalignment, it usually can be cured by loosening the two vertical bolts above the rear of the trunnion bars (I think they are 1/2" heads) and move the rear of the trunnion either left or right until the blade is aligned.

Last edited:

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Slide a dial indicator against the table top edge. Mark a spot on the blade and rotate the blade so the indicator tip hits that spot front and back. The four brackets that bolt to the table will need to be loosened to adjust the blade alignment.
1     align - 1.jpg

At the left of this photo below is the tilt stop adjustment.

1     align 2 - 1.jpg

These photos should be similar to the saw you have.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS