T track

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertcody

New User
Update your profile with your name
I live in the asheville area and need a t track for my router table that I built. does any one know where to find a wood workers supply in my area. thanks robert cody

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Are you set on getting it someplace local, or are you interested in mail-order as well? Sorry, since you're asking, this may be a dumb question on my part...

Ken Couch

New User
Hi Robert
A big howdy and welcome to NC Woodworker!
Sorry to say I don't anything to contribute to your search, but glad to have you aboard. I know you will enjoy and maybe even learn from the bunch that haunt this place.
Ken

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Welcome,

I'm in the Asheville area as well. I don't believe that you will find it locally, your options will be mail order or a trip to Greenville or Hickory. Woodcraft tells me that they will be opening an Asheville store but no definite date yet.

Steve D

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hickory has a Klingspor that probably carries t-track.
Woodcraft has stores in Greensboro and Charlotte.

A plethora of mail order suppliers have it also. I personally like Hartville Tool. If you are a member of the woodnet forum you get 15 percent off, excluding power tools.

HTH
Sapwood

Bill Julson

New User
Welcome to the group. I live in the Asheville area and I don't know of anyplace around here that you can get the track. That doesn't mean there isn't any, but I have not heard of it. I order all my stuff over the net, with Klingspor, Lee Valley.Rockler, & McFeelys being my favorites.

http://orders.woodworkingshop.com/ (Klingspor) I love their General Finishes "Outdoor Oil"..I mixed Outdoor Oil (2-1) with Cabot stain and really like the result. Time will tell

http://www.mcfeelys.com/ Ordered a ton of SS screws, bolts, & nails when building the deck, as well as outdoor furniture. They are fast & reasonable..located in VA

http://www.leevalley.com/home.aspx?c= Great stuff...I drool over their stuff

http://www.rockler.com/index.cfm Pricey, but have some neat stuff...I am on their email list so can catch specials.

Let me know if you find something local. Always looking

sapwood

New User
Roger
Robert,

One other suggestion I would like to add. Whatever choice you make, stick with the same brand. I've learned each manufacturer dimensions the t-track slightly different. Of course not everyone is as dumb as me. I precut some dados for jigs based on t-track I had used previously--when I bought t-track from another manufacturer, it would not fit! :BangHead:

Sapwood

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
robertcody,
I don't know if you found the miter track you wanted...but might try
Klingspor woodworking they seem to always have miter track and t-track
in their Charlotte store...probably do at the store in Hickory also.Try Klingspor .com.
eezlock

frankson

New User
Jeff
Welcome to the site

Once you've located a source...

If you have'nt already settled on a T-Track maufacturer, you might want to visit the library or borrow the T-Track article in American Woodworking May 2004 pages 22-31. They reviewed atleast 12 companies products. Incra T-track and FasTTrak Minitrack were editor's choices.

eezlock

New User
Jim Heffner
Frankson,
I've bought some miter track at Klingspor woodworking shops, they also have the t-track too.
eezlock

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I prefer the mini track from T-tracks USA, aka Peachtree of Atlanta Ga. Their web site only lists 36" lengths, but at WW shows they sell 48" lengths. Call and ask about the longer lengths. What I really like about their track is that if fits the miter slot on my table saw. 48" mini t-track is item #20185, $17 99 + freight. This accepts a 1/4" bolt head for fasteners. www.ttrackusa.com They also carry a lot of other cool things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors