Super-thick gel stain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbc58

New User
chris
I am looking for recommendations for a stain to touch up some builder-grade cabinets that are pickled-oak in color (oak wood).

The finish has worn off near the knobs and other areas of high-use and I am looking for something to put on it without having to strip it down. Something to cover it up and make it look better. Not really worth the effort to strip it down and re-stain.

Is there such a thing as a super think gel stain or something else someone could recommend. Tried minwax and also the stain sticks but they do next to nothing. Any advice is appreciated. Tks

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I have grown attached to General Finishes Gel Stains.

They seem prestty thick to me and work great on woods that are proned to blotch.

Woodcraft carry it in real small containers (1/4 - 1/2 pint I think) so it may not be too expensive to try.

Wayne

cbc58

New User
chris
tks... i'll make a trip to Woodcraft.

They seem prestty thick to me and work great on woods that are proned to blotch.

Woodcraft carry it in real small containers (1/4 - 1/2 pint I think) so it may not be too expensive to try.

Wayne

Mike Camp

New User
Mike

Wayne

+1 on General Finishes Gel Stain. Stained my entire banister with it and it has held up very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS