Super Awesome Lathe Disc Sander~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I had a fun time making it and think it looks and feels great sliding in the lathe bed. :banana:

The DC sucks way better than my Shopfox Disc sander I had to sell in NC. And I have to capability with the box being 16" wide to move up to a 16" sanding disc, if that is they make them.

Thanks a bunch for any comments~! :notworthy:

DC Connection on the back side of the lathe so not to get in the way if I happen to sand from the rear of the lathe.

Thanks for Looking and commenting~!

Last edited:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Re: Lathe Disc Sander box, D.C. Question?

Bump,

Just need some advice on Dust collection improvement~! Please

Thanks a Bunch~!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe

The Shopsmith shroud for their 12" disk is pretty effective. You might look at that for more ideas.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew

Thanks Joe,

I ended up cutting a thin 1/4" vent (the length of the box) an 1" from the top of the MDF so that when I nail it down the nails won't get in the way.

I tested it out before nailing the top and this thing sucks up sawdust dust off the disc ten times better than the Shopfox I had in NC that I had to sell to Ray Kleber.

It Rocks~!

More pictures to come.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I thought about it and probably will.

So far I have just used it to true up segmented half rings so that they fit together perfectly. And to sand the face of the segmented rings so that I can glue them together. It works great

Just a little difficult to hold those thin bracelet rings, as I sometimes sand my thumb. Ouch~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors