Study Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhreed

New User
james
My DIL wants me to build study desks for my grandson and granddaughter. Do any of you have plans for such that can be built by an intermediate woodworker?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm sure that there's one available or we can help you design one.

Does your DIL have any ideas for a study desk for the kids and how old are your grandchildren? They'll outgrow most desks.

Google for some pictures as starters to consider: study desks for kids

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have used this site a couple of times with success. http://www.ana-white.com/ I just went there and typed desk into the search box and got 9 pages! She also provides a 'how to' with her plans. Her stuff is not 'Fine Wood working' It is nice and reasonable to build. I made a small table, a blanket chest and a twin bed from her plans.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Duh! I never knew that the Warehouse had complete projects. That's an awesome resource!

This is a case of "User beware". You are at the mercy of the authors of the SketchUp models for dimensions and details. The vast majority of furniture models in the Warehouse are drawn to use as entourage in interiors. They are intended to be lightweight and don't have all the details such as joinery and dimensions may not be accurate. Those models won't be suitable for use as a plan or cutlist without a lot of work. Likely you'll find it's easier to start from scratch using the downloaded model as a rough guide.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have used this site a couple of times with success. http://www.ana-white.com/ I just went there and typed desk into the search box and got 9 pages! She also provides a 'how to' with her plans. Her stuff is not 'Fine Wood working' It is nice and reasonable to build. I made a small table, a blanket chest and a twin bed from her plans.

I built the bunk beds Ana has on her site for my GrandDaughters. Pretty good plans, you just may have to make some adjustments on the fly.
Bunk Beds 015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS