strolled through lowes today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I've been needing a new circular saw since I loaned my shop saw to my son. did I say loan? yeh right! this aint no makita but it will do for breaking down sheet good and for those times when a circular saw is needed. almost half price! guess that makes it a real gloat.:gar-La;
gloat1.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Good deal, I can't seem to find any of those yellow stickers when I am in Lowes. Being a Milwaukee it should serve you well.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Nice score Fred! I am so tired of the Lowe's here in Cary (and the Home Depot too). Neither of them have any good deals. By comparison, the ones in Apex and Garner seem to have stuff on clearance all the time.

(Then again, I'm sure the folks in Apex and Garner say the reverse :))

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice score Fred! I am so tired of the Lowe's here in Cary (and the Home Depot too). Neither of them have any good deals. By comparison, the ones in Apex and Garner seem to have stuff on clearance all the time.

got this at wake forest store. they rarely have any good deals too.:nah: just got lucky I guess! I went out and hack a couple pieces of plywood with a while ago and it works. It's not as smooth as my 20+ year old makita but it sure seems to be stronger.:icon_thum couldnt use it much as I was gettin ready to spray some finish and didnt want to stir up much dust. [took it outside to test!] :gar-La; Ill post the project of the day when it dries.

fred

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

Naw, Garner always seems to have deals, we don't get the same deals over at 40/42 either.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Nice snag Fred!! Where are they putting the reduced stuff in Lowes now? I can't find it half the time.

theres not a lot of it! there were a few items [mostly B&D stuff] on top of the tablesaw on the main isle of tool land. there was a millwaukee hole hawg there but i didnt check the price cause i dont need one.:gar-La; they hide the deals pretty well at the WF lowes!:kamahlitu

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
At ours, you have to hunt for 'em because every department puts their's by that department. Most of the times ours just is open packages with parts missing, etc, but once in a while they have a good price. I was able to pick up a 60T full kerf Delta 10" TS blade for $14 a few months back. Currently I saw they have a bunch of drawer pulls, etc, for a buck each, but didn't have time today to go through them to see if there were enough for me to buy a few for shop cabs, etc.

One caution: Just because it has the yellow sticker on it does not mean it will ring up at the cash register for the sale price. I have had to challenge the register price several times (which means the cashier has to call the department head for verification, even tho the sticker is in plain site). If you don't check it, you may end up paying full price.

Go

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
At ours, you have to hunt for 'em because every department puts their's by that department. Most of the times ours just is open packages with parts missing, etc, but once in a while they have a good price. I was able to pick up a 60T full kerf Delta 10" TS blade for $14 a few months back. Currently I saw they have a bunch of drawer pulls, etc, for a buck each, but didn't have time today to go through them to see if there were enough for me to buy a few for shop cabs, etc.

One caution: Just because it has the yellow sticker on it does not mean it will ring up at the cash register for the sale price. I have had to challenge the register price several times (which means the cashier has to call the department head for verification, even tho the sticker is in plain site). If you don't check it, you may end up paying full price.

Go

yeh same here but the missus knows where they are!:icon_thum go figure... I always check the reciept! after dragging me kickin an screamin and followin her around for an hour watchin her pic up sale stuff and more sale stuff she had no choice but to agree on the saw!:gar-La; I HATE SHOPPING!!!!!!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
theres not a lot of it! there were a few items [mostly B&D stuff] on top of the tablesaw on the main isle of tool land. there was a millwaukee hole hawg there but i didnt check the price cause i dont need one.:gar-La; they hide the deals pretty well at the WF lowes!:kamahlitu

That's where I found the PC 690 router for $30, but I hadn't seen anything there in a long time. Don't need a hole hawg either. Oh well. Was hoping they would lower the price on the PC biscuit jointer, but alas......

To Gofor's point, they do seem to like to put some stuff in that department. Makes it tough when all you want is cheep.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
That's where I found the PC 690 router for $30, but I hadn't seen anything there in a long time. Don't need a hole hawg either. Oh well. Was hoping they would lower the price on the PC biscuit jointer, but alas......

To Gofor's point, they do seem to like to put some stuff in that department. Makes it tough when all you want is cheep.

that PC BJ is a hot item. It might be hard to get a deal on. :roll: why not step up to the lamello?:icon_thum you'll never look back!:crossedlips:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS