Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
Its a thread that stays at the top of the forum rather than floating down as discussion on it wains.

If done wrong they can fill a forum with junk you have to navigate past to see stuff, if done right they can keep important information easy to find. Generally it starts getting cluttered if there are more than a hand full in any given forum.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
In a forum such as "Moderators and Administrator's Forum" all of the different threads within the forum are sorted by the timestamp on the most recent post within each thread with the newest at the top. If a thread is "sticky" it just means that it's "stuck" to the top and doesn't get pushed down as new posts are made in the other threads. Hope this helps and isn't too long winded.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
chris99z71 said:
In a forum such as "Moderators and Administrator's Forum" all of the different threads within the forum are sorted by the timestamp on the most recent post within each thread with the newest at the top. If a thread is "sticky" it just means that it's "stuck" to the top and doesn't get pushed down as new posts are made in the other threads. Hope this helps and isn't too long winded.

A minute too late...story of my life! :lol:

cloudancer

New User
Greg Dake
chris99z71 said:
A minute too late...story of my life! :lol:

Mine too. As of late there are so many folks jumping on topics by the time I get to it I don't have anything to add :). Good summary btw

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
That's why each moderator can "unstick" threads. There are generally two kinds of sticky threads. Those that you want at the top all the time, like post guidlines, like Chris did with the member buy and sell.

The other kind are ones you want to be seen right away for a while. Then you unstick them when they outlived their purpose or when forum listing gets too cluttered

cloudancer said:
Its a thread that stays at the top of the forum rather than floating down as discussion on it wains.

If done wrong they can fill a forum with junk you have to navigate past to see stuff, if done right they can keep important information easy to find. Generally it starts getting cluttered if there are more than a hand full in any given forum.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. I thought a "Stickey" was a hand print left by my daughter after eating pudding, or a bad spelling of Stickley, the funiture maker. Sorry, I had nothing productive to add. Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors