STEVE GOOD IS GOING TO THE EXTRAVAGANZA

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
When I opened my email this morning I saw that Steve Good is coming to the Extravaganza!
I am beyond excited! We scrollers get an email with a pattern almost every day from him.
We do a monthly challenge for the Scroll saw club using his patterns. He will be at the Carolina Scrollers group.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
When I opened my email this morning I saw that Steve Good is coming to the Extravaganza!
I am beyond excited! We scrollers get an email with a pattern almost every day from him.
We do a monthly challenge for the Scroll saw club using his patterns. He will be at the Carolina Scrollers group.
Do you think he would be interested in advertising his newsletter or site with us? Or sharing his templates?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
So Berta, can you make a point of Speaking to him about this? I'm sure it will be something you'd really hate doing.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I remember him writing that his email is so great, he can't read many of them anymore, so maybe Berta might hear from him, and maybe not. Anyhow he will be a great draw for scrollers for sure; I'm very excited about it! Thank you to Carolina Scrollers in W/S and John for making this possible.:D

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I actually reached out to him through his website yesterday actually. I am just waiting to hear back
Still, since you can't be there - Berta should try to speak to him. (as if she wouldn't) remember, it is not just advertising - it is reaching our membership with our connections and how NCWW is a resource to the woodworking community.

Think about how many times Berta, Scott or Bruce has helped an existing scroller or a newby with where to get blades or patterns or... simply encouraging!

Perhaps we have links to Steve's products or simply interview him at KE or sometime in the future!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, that's a great idea. See if he'd be willing to do an interview for the site.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
In the past scroll sawing was really big all over the country. There were clubs that had scroll saw picnics that were quite an event. There was even the SCROLL SAW ASSOCIATION OF THE WORLD. Even that has folded it's wings and is diving into obscurity. With the introduction of new, wonderfully engineered scroll saws in the last 3-4 years, there may be a resurgence of the craft. The one magazine all us scrollers loved even went bankrupt in the past year. A lot of the problem is the leadership aged and we failed to keep younger folks interested. I am hearing that school districts are starting to offer wood shop again. We here in NC are doing our best to promote scrolling to the masses and hope we can stir new interest. Steve Good is a HUGE step towards stimulating new interest. We should do our best to acquaint him with NCWW, and besides the Carolina Scrollers, there are 2 fledgling clubs starting up here, that have their roots in NCWW. I'm excited about seeing him at the Extravaganza.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS