Steve from Wake Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderFan

New User
Steve
Hello to all. My name is Steve and I am in Wake Forest. Born and raised in Burlington. Moved up to NH in 2000 and that is where new woodworking hobby started and ended. By 2005 we had two kids and there was no time left in the day to do anything. Fast Forward to present day, the kids are a little older and I have a little, very little, more time. So I am firing up the table saw and finally making some dust. Had a shop set up in the basement up in NH. Now everything is in the garage, it sure makes lugging an MDF sheet easier!

Looking forward to being an active member of the site.

Cheers,
Steve

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Almost as cold down here as up in NH? Well, maybe not quite!

Glad to have you onboard!

Jim

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Yes been playing for a while now. I would love to make my own Telecaster some day.

Cool! I'm a long time musician but realitively new to guitar. I mostly play acoustic but have aquired to electrics in trades. The first was a MIM Fat Strat that I fully customized with new electronics (mostly to learn how electrics work and are put together). Here's a link. Once that was done I had the original wired picguard which I put on CL. I ended up with a tele knockoff by Waterstone (looks like this with the white pickguard) that needs a bit of TLC (good cleaning, new nut, may new machine heads and pickups) that will be a project for later. I made the strat a multi-purpose gutair so I'll probably leave this one closer to a standard tele config.... time will tell. Now I just have to learn what to do with an electric... i have no clue.

Trav

pbaileyjr

New User
Paul
Welcome Steve. I have a few Fenders here also, 3 bass amps and an American Deluxe Presicion. Just sold a '65 Precision last year to someone that wanted it a lot more than I did. Hey, maybe we should try to put together a NC Woodworkers Band....?

FenderFan

New User
Steve
Same as the acoustic, you just turn it up louder!

Nice looking axes.

I recently got a Taylor acoustic. Had been playing an Ovation. Man it is nice, makes me wanna play it more often. I am a big Rolling Stones fans, so I play mostly electic and mostly in Open G tuning. The ring of Open G tuning on an acoustic is beaultiful.

Steve

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Steve,

Welcome to the NCWW pile-o-sawdust. Glad you joined us. Can you tell us a bit more about the kind of woodworking you like to do? What kinds of projects have you tackled? ... and post a photo or two... we love photos.

Again, welcome.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site FenderFan. I'm another guitar guy. Actually I am slowly getting into building them. I hope to build a couple of electrics this year and possibly get into the acoustics next year. I play mostly Rhythm guitar. Trying to figure out the lead thing. :) I play both electrics and acoustic, a little banjo and want a mandolin.

FenderFan

New User
Steve
Hey Ray,

I am still a newbie, so most anything. I do like to make clocks. I have tackled:
Maple Enty Table
Mantel Clock (3)
Toy Chest
Baby Changing Station
Simple Bookcases
General Case work
Santa & Reindeer (Scroll Saw)
Shop Tools and Tables

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Steve, it is great to have you here. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I may be on the beginning part of that journey myself pretty soon. Right now just tons of work, but I'm sure kiddos are not to far off. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're making sawdust again and I look forward to your input in the forums!!! :icon_thum

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Steve!
Another woodworking guitar guy here too. Had a bunch of different acoustics and electrics and basses. Got stuck on a Taylor in 1989. Sweetest sound I've ever heard. Plays like butter still. If I ever got back into it I would consider their new electrics.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I agree whole heartedly with all the Taylor comments. I'll own one someday, but probably not for a while. My current AE is an off brand but it's surprisingly well made and has good electronics so it will hold me over for quite a while. It's also good since it's inexpensive enough that I'm not scared to work on it. Learning how to do setups, make saddles, upgrade parts, etc. If I had a Taylor I'd be too afraid I'd mess it up....

OOhhh, NCWW band....... guess we'd need a stange and a PA for the picnic huh?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to our space Steve. Glad you joined. Lots of talented folks up in Wake Forest to buddy up with.

M

McRabbet

Glad to have you as a member of our great big sawdust pile, Steve. Enjoy!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Steve!
I figured you were a Freddy Fender fan :gar-Bi
Enjoy and participate :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors