Steve Cole Resignation from the Board of Directors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve will be missed here, but we must resolve to move NCWW forward with his vision as a touchstone to what we do. Any organization needs to learn to not be reliant upon the talents and skills of a single individual to function.
NCWW was started by Steve as a website for Carolinas and surrounding states' woodworkers to share their knowledge and experiences. The site was initially totally funded by him and soon became very successful. Through the support of many technical minded members it has been maintained for all to enjoy. Some years back, it became obvious that it was more than one person could manage, and it was decided that it should be incorporated as a non profit entity. This move necessitated many changes in the way things were done. A Board of Directors would need to be elected and Bylaws drawn up. Steve was very instrumental in these changes. It will require a team to continue this site, as the operations and functions necessary should not be the sole responsibility of one person. It will also require constant training and renewal of team members for Moderators, Administrators, Webmaster, and all other Director duties. It is my hope that the members of this site can work together to perpetuate the vision Steve set forth. To Steve, I say, "Thank You for the vision. I hope you're able to stay with us and enjoy the journey."

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Steve said twice that this is a personal decision, please let it remain such. I'm sure when circumstances change he will return if he feels so inclined. Meanwhile, let's do all we can to maintain the "friendliest woodworking site on the internet". We need everyone's help.

RickC

New User
Rick
He is NCWW. Steve started NCWW and if not for him, it wouldn't be here. Sometimes I feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Mike

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Thanks for all you've done, Steve.

Rick

thsb

New User
Tim
Being new here so it is not really my place but it seems like it could be appropriate to recognize Steve's legacy and goals by creating some sort of award (Steve Coles award) for people who best represent the mission of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS