Stepping down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Hello,

The good news is I have found a job. I will be gone ALOT! I know I don't do much moderating right now, but it will be even less at least for awhile until I am up to speed on the new job. So it is up to you all if you want me to step down or let me keep the title and help when I can. I understand either way. FYI, I will be working for Freud, but I don't want to make it too public yet. I don't want to jinx it.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
My vote would be for you to stay on staff. Good luck with the job.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Tom I am really happy you took the Freud job, you are perfect for it. I know it's gonna be hard on the family, and Leslie is a very strong woman to endure you traveling a lot. This really is gonna be a job for both of you. I also appreciate your respect of the role as Moderator, and knowing that you might not, at least temporarily, be able to fully fulfill the role. Seeing as this hopefully will only be a temporary thing (not the job, but the extra time commitment) I would agree with Tracy.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Tom,
That is great news!!!!
Always adjustments with a new job, but a steady pay check should ease the transition. You already have the "Dream Shop" and hopefully this will be the "Dream Job".

As far as the Moderator stuff goes . . . you're name on the marquee enhances the site :icon_thum

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
What everyone else said - congrats on the job!

Since you're pretty much part of the furniture around here :) you should definitely remain part of the staff, if not as moderator maybe as Senior Freud Liaison Officer or something. No need for rush decisions, I vote we review this in December or so. Maybe even December this year! :rolf:

M

McRabbet

Tom, I am very happy for you -- especially since I knew you had interviewed for that position. Wow, what a great opportunity. While we recognize you'll be on the road a fair amount, I agree with all of the others on the staff that you should stay on as a staff member -- I mean, who would want to leave such a lucrative job, anyhow! We trust all of the final paperwork and approvals will be moot exercises and you'll be a "Charles M" sidekick in short order! Congratulations, indeed!!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
OK my blackberry response was short and sweet. Now I will take a minute to officially congratulate you on the Freud Job and say that you should definitely stay on board as a staff member. Remember that laptops travel well:rolf:. And motels have WiFi and ncww members now get deep discounts on anything in Freud red:rotflm::rotflm::eusa_thin:eusa_thin.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats. Tom!!!:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

You're definitely the man for the job!

I wish you well and am sure that you will make some very positive contributions to the Freud organization.

Way to go and all of the best of luck in your new venture!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Wayne

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Congratulations Tom! It is great to hear that you will be able to stay in the biz. This sounds like a great opportunity.

cskipper

Cathy
That's terrific news!!!!!!!!!! Did we forget to mention that it takes more than that to lose your role in this group?

toolman

Administrator
Chad
:banana: [BANANA]Congratulations Tom![/BANANA] :banana:

I know your happy to have a job.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
:thumbs_up:icon_thum:thumbs_up:icon_thum:thumbs_up:icon_thum:thumbs_up:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap[banana]Work=Job=money=tools :gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi[/banana]

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Good for you Tom... I read your post, and said.. Fred.. Fred... do I know a Fred... should I know a Fred.... <re-read post>... oh.. duh.. Freud! I know him very well!

Congrats Tom. I'm glad for you, and your family.

T

toolferone

Thank you everybody!

I should be letting everybody else know soon. I am in High Point now, thrown right in to the fire with a 3 day national meeting of the group I work for. What a overwhelming day.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tom, Congrats. I know you will make us all proud. If I can check in all the way from India you can too. There will be no stepping down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS