steam shower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Anyone have any experience with a steam shower? It appears to me 220 volt service would be a must. Other than that I have not really found much info. LOML has always wanted a hot tub but to me the steam shower appears to be a better choice.

russellellis

New User
Russell
Anyone have any experience with a steam shower? It appears to me 220 volt service would be a must. Other than that I have not really found much info. LOML has always wanted a hot tub but to me the steam shower appears to be a better choice.
ive installed two of these. one was 220 and the other was 110. oddly the 110 was more expensive. 2200 vs 1900 (ish). if you are handly with standard household wiring, then theres really not a problem. BUT...... there are plenty of things to consider in designing your steam shower, you really really need to buy the right steam generator for the size (volume) of your stall. slope the ceiling a bit. otherwise steam will condensate on it and then drop as tiny cold annoying droplets onto you. consider a framless glass door, it will last much longer. decide if you really need audio, video and fiberoptics. sure they are nice, but they come at a heafty price. seal the tile/grout NUMEROUS times before you even once turn on the steam. trust me. also, for longevity, stear clear of pex for the post generator. pre-supply is fine.
i dont ever think that steam showers will be the norm in all homes or even a majority, but before long, im sure we will see units that nearly install themselves. they really arent that hard to install now if youre skilled with plumbing, a little electrical and precise measuring. that all comes from a well planned layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS